Twenty-seven-year-old Iranian architecture student Nina Siahkali Moradi came in fourteenth out of 163 in a municipal election in Qazvin, making her the first backup city council member. But when one of the candidates who beat her gave up his seat in order to serve as mayor, the Independent reports, Moradi was retroactively disqualified before she could fill the vacancy. Why? “We don’t want a catwalk model on the council,” said a senior official. Moradi apparently ran a “visually impressive” campaign that included pictures of herself, even though she is young and female (cheater), and amounted to “non-observance of Islamic codes.” Before we go all Femen on this one, let’s remember that a U.S. state supreme court recently agreed, ruling that finding a young woman distractingly attractive is a perfectly legal reason to fire her.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split