Lady Gaga's recent makeover gathered even more momentum in L.A. today, where she went out in another all-black outfit with slicked-back brown hair and colorful face paint just like her new single cover. A-ha! Her new look has developed several themes:
1. Black clothes. This outfit is slightly different from her other recent getups in that there's no visible bra; perhaps the one she's been wearing to death was in the wash.
2. Brown hair. Not only is her hair dark, it appears to be real, and simply slicked back with some gel or maybe just leave-in conditioner. Homegirl's scalp probably needs it.
3. Sheer fabric. In this case, it was the skirt; famous people can't leave too much up to the imagination.
4. Platforms. This is Gaga we're talking about.
5. Colorful face paint. The makeup is reminiscent of Gaga's first single cover for her forthcoming album, ARTPOP. It's meant to symbolize how she's a canvas and always changing, etc. But it's also one of the few things she hasn't put on her face before, so bravo to her for finding something new that also looks cool and actually quite pretty in a weird fashion editorial kind of way.
6. Septum ring. We barely noticed it before, but she's worn it consistently throughout the past month.
She wore this head-to-toe costume for a meeting at the E! News building and then to the Chateau Marmont, where she posed for pictures and did whatever else it is people do there besides eat lunch, because that lipstick is not to be messed with.BEGIN SLIDESHOW
Most Viewed Stories
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Kim Kardashian Might Vote for Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
If You See Brad Pitt As a Fallen Hero, It’s Because the Rules Have Changed
Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
Bask in the Glory of This Dramatic Email Sent to a UCLA Freshman by Her Future Roommate
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.