Lady Gaga has released the lyric video for her new single "Applause" (not to be confused with the song's music video, which is forthcoming) on YouTube. This also marks the official video debut of her new clown face. The scene: a drag show, complete with a creepy Peter Pan costume and a man in the audience who, for a split second, looks like Prabal Gurung (sadly, it's not him — see for yourself, 37 seconds in). Gaga dances around and slurps shots and blows kisses, which are all fun things you can't do when you have pearls glued near your lips or a crazy veil over your mouth. See, even though her paint-y makeover seems high-maintenance, it's actually her least-complicated look in a long time! Also fun: Gaga's drag-queen doppelgänger, whose clown makeup is far more extreme — full-on Bubbles compared to Gaga's arty Pierrot.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers