If the terms "footwear" and "dead, preserved animals" pique your interest, the latest piece by Bedford + Bowery's Laura Entis will be right up your alley. Entis profiles Divya Anantharaman, a self-proclaimed "taxidermy addict," fashion designer, and footwear designer, who somehow managed to merge her interests to create an open-toe, six-inch heel covered in silver scales, quartz crystals, and sparrows. According to Anantharman, the $2,500 to $3,000 shoes will also "smell like natural cedar perfume," as the insoles will be infused with fragrant oil. Perhaps to mask any lingering scent? In any case, we're guessing these shoes already triggered Lady Gaga's bat signal.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives