Among all of the shades of gray, a medium-hued tone that's not quite as pale as dove and not as dark as steel is a soothing and underrated color. Paired with white, it feels clean and spare, while when worn with black it adds a lightness to the otherwise somber tone. For these next few weeks, when it feels like you need something to marry your summer and fall wardrobes, it's just the thing to unite the two. Try Mango's silky dress with its daring and elegant draped back that recalls Carolyn Bessette's iconic Narciso Rodriguez wedding dress for formal occasions with a pair of minimal stiletto heels. Or throw Day Birger et Mikkelsen's leather motorcycle jacket over a white tee for those chilly mornings. If you're looking to invest in something special, Alexander Wang's draped sweatshirt is taken straight from the runway and would look as great with a pencil skirt as it would with jeans. Click ahead to see all of these and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?