Among all of the shades of gray, a medium-hued tone that's not quite as pale as dove and not as dark as steel is a soothing and underrated color. Paired with white, it feels clean and spare, while when worn with black it adds a lightness to the otherwise somber tone. For these next few weeks, when it feels like you need something to marry your summer and fall wardrobes, it's just the thing to unite the two. Try Mango's silky dress with its daring and elegant draped back that recalls Carolyn Bessette's iconic Narciso Rodriguez wedding dress for formal occasions with a pair of minimal stiletto heels. Or throw Day Birger et Mikkelsen's leather motorcycle jacket over a white tee for those chilly mornings. If you're looking to invest in something special, Alexander Wang's draped sweatshirt is taken straight from the runway and would look as great with a pencil skirt as it would with jeans. Click ahead to see all of these and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee