After the New York party scene turned into a ghost town last week (as everyone was squeezing in their last glorious drops of summer on vacations, we think), they've all come back with the overwhelming force of a tidal wave. Actors, musicians, models, socialites, and everyone in between showed off their glammest (and tannest) selves at film screenings, boutique openings, outdoor parties, "exclusive luncheons," and dinners. The jet-setting Olivia Wilde dropped by Brooklyn for a screening of her latest film, Drinking Buddies. But the one event that successfully herded together the most celebs? A special screening of Ain't Them Bodies Saints. Richard Gere, Courtney Love, Robin Wright, Ben Foster, and Zosia Mamet were among the seemingly endless list of famous faces in attendance. Also notable: a Mischa Barton sighting at the Warby Parker store opening in Los Angeles, where she likely watched the Aqualillies artfully stick their legs out of a pool in unison. But the one face that trumped all others this week belongs to the Cut's very own editor Diana Tsui, who made a fabulous appearance at a Nasty Gal dinner hosted by Sophia Amoruso. Click through the slideshow to indulge in a visual feast of glitz and glam.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel