Facebook COO and Lean In author Sheryl Sandberg and her family have moved into a new home she had built in Menlo Park, California, the Daily Mail reports. The British tabloid is eager to point out that the six-bedroom home shares its grass-covered “living roof” design with Facebook’s Frank Gehry–designed office (subtext: Sandberg’s a workaholic), but those things are supposed to be environmentally friendly, so I say the more the merrier. The modern, concrete-and-glass home reportedly stands out in the traditional, leafy neighborhood, but provides discreet cover for what sounds like a pretty spectacular interior. “The basement has a falling waterfall feature in a sunken patio with a light well,” the Mail reports. “Water falls down the top of the wall into a pool.” I'm intrigued by this. More intrigued by almost anything else I've read about Sandberg. Which makes me think we ought to talk more about the spoils of leaning in. I might have been a little more interested in Sandberg's heroic ambition right off the bat if I had known it was in the service of building a solar-powered dream house with a screw-the-neighbors aesthetic and an indoor waterfall. A Menlo Park building official interviewed for the story didn’t even know you could have a waterfall inside a residential property. And, if one little waterfall sounds excessive, keep in mind that at Celine Dion’s Jupiter Island, Florida, compound, which she just put on the market for $72.5 M, there is a hot tub, 400 feet of ocean, and three pools, featuring a water park with a lazy river, two slides, and water-gun stations.
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen