Facebook COO and Lean In author Sheryl Sandberg and her family have moved into a new home she had built in Menlo Park, California, the Daily Mail reports. The British tabloid is eager to point out that the six-bedroom home shares its grass-covered “living roof” design with Facebook’s Frank Gehry–designed office (subtext: Sandberg’s a workaholic), but those things are supposed to be environmentally friendly, so I say the more the merrier. The modern, concrete-and-glass home reportedly stands out in the traditional, leafy neighborhood, but provides discreet cover for what sounds like a pretty spectacular interior. “The basement has a falling waterfall feature in a sunken patio with a light well,” the Mail reports. “Water falls down the top of the wall into a pool.” I'm intrigued by this. More intrigued by almost anything else I've read about Sandberg. Which makes me think we ought to talk more about the spoils of leaning in. I might have been a little more interested in Sandberg's heroic ambition right off the bat if I had known it was in the service of building a solar-powered dream house with a screw-the-neighbors aesthetic and an indoor waterfall. A Menlo Park building official interviewed for the story didn’t even know you could have a waterfall inside a residential property. And, if one little waterfall sounds excessive, keep in mind that at Celine Dion’s Jupiter Island, Florida, compound, which she just put on the market for $72.5 M, there is a hot tub, 400 feet of ocean, and three pools, featuring a water park with a lazy river, two slides, and water-gun stations.
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach