So Tuesday felt like it was a shoe day. Tory Burch showed nice gold and silver loafers that were not all that different from the pairs Rodarte chose (what a spectrum of labels) later in the day. Sofia Webster, she of street-style-baiting footwear, was revealed as the latest J.Crew collaborator. Anna Dello Russo finally arrived in town, wearing those crazy bedazzled (bedraggled?) Saint Laurent moto boots. We've noticed that it's not really a bag season. The Row and Phillip Lim introduced new shapes, and surely some others did, too, but it's squarely about footwear next spring. You heard it here first. Breaking news. Below, 10.5 things everyone else was also hearing about at Fashion Week, which is slowly winding down. If you can handle that.
1. Tory Burch started the day properly, and swelteringly, with a pretty Megan Draper–esqe collection complete with a runway decaled to look like a pool. The grass-green patterned pieces were pretty and seemingly on trend color-wise for next spring.
2. Also, the shoes. And the Rodarte shoes later in the day! Pointy, metallic, almost-flats. Sensible and glam, like older cat ladies. Or women from Texas. (We like these shoes, lest there be any confusion.)
5. It was hot today. Talking about the weather is boring, we agree. But: Steel yourself for some awesome crop-top spotting on Wednesday. Also, wear deodorant. Especially, you, Lincoln Center.
6. Anna Dello Russo is finally in town! STOP THE PRESSES. Kinda fun, actually, to see her rocking a Saint Laurent baby-doll, motorcycle boots, and flannel in the humidity. She's nothing if not committed.
6.5. And consistent! She wore an Oscar gown to the Oscar show, because of course.
7. J.Crew collaborated with Sophia Webster on fun, kicky, printed shoes that will be all over street-style blogs (and rich American suburban high schools) next season. Also awesome: Surf-inspired, flower-printed, and sequined burgundy pants. It sounds like a lot, we know, but take a gander and lose your attitude.
9. Vanessa Traina (the O.G. Alex Wang muse) surprise-styled the show for Sass & Bide, the Australian label now showing in New York again. Question for the commenters: Would you wear these skirt-pant hybrids? They looked cool, but not sure how legs work in them.
10. The Marc by Marc Jacobs show was Pussy Riot-inspired, or at least the music was, rallying against kids who get free sunglasses at music festivals and how complicit they are while women in Russia are being jailed. We get it, fashion theory, but railing against consumerism will never really work during your fashion show in front of buyers, and editors, and people whose jobs depend on others who buy new clothes (or at least want to look at them.) Here’s the un-remixed version of the song. Don't feel bad about the sunglasses.
Stay dry. The Purple party is back on, in cahoots with Proenza Schouler, so you’ll want to make it until midnight before you start glistening.
Most Viewed Stories
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Taylor Swift Won’t Save Us From Donald Trump
Pro-Choice and Pro-Life Marchers Came Face-to-Face at the Women’s March
The Greatest Signs From the Women’s March
Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
Madonna to Women’s March Detractors: ‘F*ck You’
16 of the Cutest Kids at the Women’s March
Over 1 Million New York Women Will Have Access to Free Contraception and Abortions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.