So Tuesday felt like it was a shoe day. Tory Burch showed nice gold and silver loafers that were not all that different from the pairs Rodarte chose (what a spectrum of labels) later in the day. Sofia Webster, she of street-style-baiting footwear, was revealed as the latest J.Crew collaborator. Anna Dello Russo finally arrived in town, wearing those crazy bedazzled (bedraggled?) Saint Laurent moto boots. We've noticed that it's not really a bag season. The Row and Phillip Lim introduced new shapes, and surely some others did, too, but it's squarely about footwear next spring. You heard it here first. Breaking news. Below, 10.5 things everyone else was also hearing about at Fashion Week, which is slowly winding down. If you can handle that.
1. Tory Burch started the day properly, and swelteringly, with a pretty Megan Draper–esqe collection complete with a runway decaled to look like a pool. The grass-green patterned pieces were pretty and seemingly on trend color-wise for next spring.
2. Also, the shoes. And the Rodarte shoes later in the day! Pointy, metallic, almost-flats. Sensible and glam, like older cat ladies. Or women from Texas. (We like these shoes, lest there be any confusion.)
5. It was hot today. Talking about the weather is boring, we agree. But: Steel yourself for some awesome crop-top spotting on Wednesday. Also, wear deodorant. Especially, you, Lincoln Center.
6. Anna Dello Russo is finally in town! STOP THE PRESSES. Kinda fun, actually, to see her rocking a Saint Laurent baby-doll, motorcycle boots, and flannel in the humidity. She's nothing if not committed.
6.5. And consistent! She wore an Oscar gown to the Oscar show, because of course.
7. J.Crew collaborated with Sophia Webster on fun, kicky, printed shoes that will be all over street-style blogs (and rich American suburban high schools) next season. Also awesome: Surf-inspired, flower-printed, and sequined burgundy pants. It sounds like a lot, we know, but take a gander and lose your attitude.
9. Vanessa Traina (the O.G. Alex Wang muse) surprise-styled the show for Sass & Bide, the Australian label now showing in New York again. Question for the commenters: Would you wear these skirt-pant hybrids? They looked cool, but not sure how legs work in them.
10. The Marc by Marc Jacobs show was Pussy Riot-inspired, or at least the music was, rallying against kids who get free sunglasses at music festivals and how complicit they are while women in Russia are being jailed. We get it, fashion theory, but railing against consumerism will never really work during your fashion show in front of buyers, and editors, and people whose jobs depend on others who buy new clothes (or at least want to look at them.) Here’s the un-remixed version of the song. Don't feel bad about the sunglasses.
Stay dry. The Purple party is back on, in cahoots with Proenza Schouler, so you’ll want to make it until midnight before you start glistening.
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
Boobs Over Belly Buttons Brilliantly Shuts Down Body Shaming
State of Confusion: Albany’s Top 40
20 Simple Secrets to Your Most Beautiful Life
Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Trench Coat
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesWatch the Louis Vuitton Livestream
Enjoy!Libertine’s Designer Once Faked a Note From Cher
And other anecdotes from his new book.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Rihanna, Salma Hayek, and Phoebe Philo were among the peacocks.Karl Lagerfeld Won’t Offer Himself Up to Science
He says researchers have approached him about testing his DNA.Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
A counterpoint to luxury-mongering.Cate Blanchett Wore a Hot-Pink Suit
Barbie, is that you?All About Chanel’s Airport-Themed Show
Paging Mr. Lagerfeld!Watch the Valentino Livestream
Enjoy!5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 3
Stripes, embroidered separates, and Céline studded boots.Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
And how she's helping her daughter navigate the pressures of the modeling industry.
Dreamy.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Another fashion month dispatch from photographer Tomasz Lazar.Coddington, Kawakubo Star in Interview Portfolio
They were photographed for a sweeping 60-page section by Fabien Baron.American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Current shareholders, including Dov Charney, will no longer control the company.The Retired Modeling Agent Who Loves Empire
“I started my own agency — we represented Twiggy — but went off to be assistant to the actor Yul Brynner, who was dating my roommate at the time.”Bright Coats for Cold Days
New York women in winter's least-boring outerwear, from bright-green alpaca fur to leopard-print mohair.Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Phoebe Philo remains in touch with what women want to wear.Watch the Alexander McQueen Livestream
Enjoy!Watch the Akris Livestream
Enjoy!From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.