On Wednesday, Fashion Week trapped us, literally, in elevators, chunky shoes, wispy bangs, and culottes. Proenza showed in an abandoned building, Michael Kors captured all the A-List models for his morning show, and everyone couldn't stop talking about the humidity and September heat. Boring, yes, but we commiserate. And, below, eleven other things you may relate to. Though, at this point, we don't even know anymore.
1. There's no way not to start with this: After the Philosophy show, a number of editors —real ones, like Eva Chen, Amy Astley, and Virginia Smith — were trapped in an elevator. What a surprise ending. The venue managed to out-spook Thom Browne's insane asylum. Maybe R. Kelly will write a song about it.
Why yes @alexisbmorgan and I just vaulted our way out of a stuck elevator.— eva chen (@evachen212) September 11, 2013
2. Might as well talk about the Philosophy clothes for a moment. They were boxy and spare, and some looks kinda updated our favorite heathered gray sweatshirts. But what should we call this color here? Or do we have to call it a pattern because of those lines running across it? Help us in the comments.
3. At Michael Kors's supermodel-stacked, all-American show, he showed a number of fur pieces even though this is the spring/summer season. Actually, this is kind of genius, since the crazy fashion schedule means these clothes start arriving in stores around January or February. To us, that's the perfect time for fur. Way to subvert, MK.
4. Proenza’s culottes. Awesome.
5. Also, the shoes at Proenza Schouler: Obviously, these guys have had several hit bags, but maybe it's time they up their footwear game so that their accessories business takes off in that direction. These'll do.
6. Rachel Zoe made designer denim cutoffs. Wasn't her line supposed to be all, like, glam seventies jumpsuits and things with sequins on them and diaphanous silhouettes? Not really sure what's going on here.
7. Okay, let's talk about the Jeremy Scott–Nicki Minaj incident. First, everyone had to wait for Minaj to show up (late) for the shebang to even start, but we've also heard reports that her bodyguards were so aggressive when exiting they were pushing regular people to the ground when they tried to leave, too. Not cool, guys.
8. Reed Krakoff’s wispy bangs across the forehead. Probably not the most practical or comfortable thing, but damn did it look great on the runway.
10. After the Betsey Johnson show, while we were trying to park our Citi Bike, we heard one of the models (who still had her colorful Afro in tact) explaining that she didn't receive any free swag backstage, so she asked if she could take her cotton-candy hair as a souvenir. In street clothes, it looked even better. Well done, mystery model.
11. More hair you'll never wear: the shiny blonde orbs at The Blonds' show.
One more day! One more day! One. more. day. Have a green juice and get through it.
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
Why You Should Never Wear These Two Items Two Days In A Row
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion Features5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 3
Stripes, embroidered separates, and Céline studded boots.Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
And how she's helping her daughter navigate the pressures of the modeling industry.Zendaya Floated Around Paris Like a Cloud
Dreamy.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Another fashion month dispatch from photographer Tomasz Lazar.Coddington, Kawakubo Star in Interview Portfolio
They were photographed for a sweeping 60-page section by Fabien Baron.American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Current shareholders, including Dov Charney, will no longer control the company.The Retired Modeling Agent Who Loves Empire
“I started my own agency — we represented Twiggy — but went off to be assistant to the actor Yul Brynner, who was dating my roommate at the time.”Bright Coats for Cold Days
New York women in winter's least-boring outerwear, from bright-green alpaca fur to leopard-print mohair.Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Phoebe Philo remains in touch with what women want to wear.Watch the Alexander McQueen Livestream
Enjoy!From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 2
Cropped sweaters, a spangled skirt, and more.Jaden Smith and Kesha Partied This Week
Along with Cindy Crawford, Anjelica Huston, Rita Ora, and Lena Dunham.Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Partied in Balmain
Plus: more highlights from Paris Fashion Week's parties, including Jared Leto.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Featuring wooden platforms, velvet robes, and floor-length ponchos.Who Won Best-Dressed at Milan Fashion Week?
Another city, another people's choice Peacock.Style Smackdown: Olivia Pope vs. Cookie Lyon
Judging the best looks from this week's episodes.Never Mind the Feminist Sound-Bites, Rick Owens Just Showed His Best Clothes Yet
Gymnast models symbolizing "women supporting women" wore mature yet spontaneous looks.Grace Jones Is Having the Wildest Book Tour Ever [NSFW]
She flashed crowds at her signing in New York.