On Wednesday, Fashion Week trapped us, literally, in elevators, chunky shoes, wispy bangs, and culottes. Proenza showed in an abandoned building, Michael Kors captured all the A-List models for his morning show, and everyone couldn't stop talking about the humidity and September heat. Boring, yes, but we commiserate. And, below, eleven other things you may relate to. Though, at this point, we don't even know anymore.
1. There's no way not to start with this: After the Philosophy show, a number of editors —real ones, like Eva Chen, Amy Astley, and Virginia Smith — were trapped in an elevator. What a surprise ending. The venue managed to out-spook Thom Browne's insane asylum. Maybe R. Kelly will write a song about it.
Why yes @alexisbmorgan and I just vaulted our way out of a stuck elevator.— eva chen (@evachen212) September 11, 2013
2. Might as well talk about the Philosophy clothes for a moment. They were boxy and spare, and some looks kinda updated our favorite heathered gray sweatshirts. But what should we call this color here? Or do we have to call it a pattern because of those lines running across it? Help us in the comments.
3. At Michael Kors's supermodel-stacked, all-American show, he showed a number of fur pieces even though this is the spring/summer season. Actually, this is kind of genius, since the crazy fashion schedule means these clothes start arriving in stores around January or February. To us, that's the perfect time for fur. Way to subvert, MK.
4. Proenza’s culottes. Awesome.
5. Also, the shoes at Proenza Schouler: Obviously, these guys have had several hit bags, but maybe it's time they up their footwear game so that their accessories business takes off in that direction. These'll do.
6. Rachel Zoe made designer denim cutoffs. Wasn't her line supposed to be all, like, glam seventies jumpsuits and things with sequins on them and diaphanous silhouettes? Not really sure what's going on here.
7. Okay, let's talk about the Jeremy Scott–Nicki Minaj incident. First, everyone had to wait for Minaj to show up (late) for the shebang to even start, but we've also heard reports that her bodyguards were so aggressive when exiting they were pushing regular people to the ground when they tried to leave, too. Not cool, guys.
8. Reed Krakoff’s wispy bangs across the forehead. Probably not the most practical or comfortable thing, but damn did it look great on the runway.
10. After the Betsey Johnson show, while we were trying to park our Citi Bike, we heard one of the models (who still had her colorful Afro in tact) explaining that she didn't receive any free swag backstage, so she asked if she could take her cotton-candy hair as a souvenir. In street clothes, it looked even better. Well done, mystery model.
11. More hair you'll never wear: the shiny blonde orbs at The Blonds' show.
One more day! One more day! One. more. day. Have a green juice and get through it.
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.