London Fashion Week may now be over, but we can't stop talking about it. It was a season of standout collections, further cementing the British capital as a key destination on the fashion map, a place where there are modern and creative clothes that are also totally wearable. And the scene? We saw fashion inspirations off the runway, too. And a very hairy Harry Styles. From sparkling collections to starry sightings, here are twenty of the must-talk-about moments from London, before we dive into Milan.
1. Christopher Kane was the highlight of LFW. Maybe it's the child in us but those iridescent tinsel dresses and metallic piped cutout dresses would be the gorgeous offspring if Rainbow Brite, Lisa Frank, and My Little Pony all had a baby somehow. The prints included a botanical reproduction motif, which is likely what we were learning about when we were into said pop culture. Also coming of age is Kane himself, who will open his first flagship store in London in 2014.
2. Yasmin Sewell, wardrobe champion of London Fashion Week.
4. While dyed hair, particularly in shades of green, blue, and purple, is huge in London, the blunt, short hair is the season's winner. Take, for example, model Sam Rollinson’s cut.
6. Editorial bait: Broken disco-ball dresses at Tom Ford. London loves a bandage dress and we left the show feeling sexy. These dresses completely lit up the dark room (which was painted a lux shade we'll call "Tom Ford gray").
8. London's hot spot is now Ian Schrager's Edition. W mag threw a party to fete September cover star Cara D (attendees: Kate Moss, Harry Styles, Damien Hirst), and each night it was crowded with international press and fashion types alike.
9. Let's hear it for romance. In an all-black-and-white palette, Erdem played with texture (feathers, tweed, cracked PVC-like materials even) for a beautifully poetic collection. Dresses to get married in. Live music by Annie Yim (piano) and Richard Birchall (cello) accompanied the show.
11. Let's talk about Harry Styles, and his hair. The rumor is that some press has asked him to cut it.
BTW Harry Styles hair looked like a throw-back to our founding fathers Washington and Jefferson pic.twitter.com/bHJyMsGYBe— Rebecca Ramsey (@RebeccaRams) September 16, 2013
He looks like Mozart or some crazy old-timer. He was seen at Burberry (where he looked away, away from Cara), Fashion East, and at House of Holland. Boy needs to cut his hair ASAP because it's starting to move in all the wrong directions (too easy!).
13. Stella McCartney said she had been training with famed body-changer Tracy Anderson and she looked amazing. Her decision to again show Adidas x Stella McCartney at LFW was a good one — one of the more interesting and conceptual showings.
15. It was COLD and WET, basically throughout the week. But attendees were determined to make the most of their tiny summer skirts with a jacket, of course. Bottom halves froze; top halves remained cozy. We were confused.
16. Was John Jannuzzi onto something about this being the season of the side boob?
They should just call it New York Sideboob Week #NYSW— John Jannuzzi (@johnjannuzzi) September 7, 2013
17. Also at J.W. Anderson: The clothes were textural, with smocking and origami-like layers, but also a lightness of sheers and construction that wowed stylist types.
18. At Burberry, there were beautiful pastel-embellished lace trenches, and the finale look, a clear PVC cape on Cara. The ending topped it all: A beautiful storm of flower petals raining on the audience.
19. Simone Rocha continues to wow us. A black-and-white collection that played with volumes, femininity, pearls, and more comfy shoes. The trio of nude veiled "brides" stood out.
20. Meadham Kirchhoff's Little Miss Muffet–like lineup has more wearable separates than ever (and more than they normally offer). Leather jackets in black and in gold were carried as accessories, and we can easily see those hitting sales floors.
Most Viewed Stories
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Sexual Assault in the Amazon
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
Things to Keep You Warm and Dry at a Protest
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
Your Guide to NYC Inauguration Weekend Protests
Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.