The phantom of the red carpet has claimed its latest, young crop-top victim: Dakota Fanning. Last night, the actress attended the premiere of her new film, Night Moves, at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival, boldly dressed in a blackish green, sparkling crop-top-meets-maxi-skirt ensemble from Atelier Versace. With her hair tied up in a tight topknot, Fanning looked like a glittering armadillo or a mermaid, what with her outfit's scale-like shimmer, the skimpy top, and the equally bedazzled, floor-grazing skirt that could pass for a tail. She rimmed her eyes with dark liner and added a silver polish to her nails. While Fanning still carried the startling look with poise, the main lesson to take away from the look? Fanning's transition from child actress to an adult has begun in earnest. Thanks, crop tops.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her