Marc Jacobs, always New York's biggest show of the week, has walked! As the Jaws soundtrack played, models topped with short, platinum blonde bob wigs maneuvered through a set bedecked with oriental rugs, ramshackle fences, cement pipes, and a broken down van. The clothes were dark, ominous, and almost witchy, with broad shoulders, floor-sweeping hemlines, and lots of black. Hints of brightness came through in beaded detailing, sequins, and boldly-colored leaf prints; tasseled trims added movement. See first looks of Jacobs standbys like Edie Campbell, Jamie Bochert, Lily McMenamy, and Cara Delevingne (making her one and only New York Fashion Week runway appearance) in our complete runway slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives