All week, we'll be going behind the scenes to figure out what a normal woman can learn from makeup artists, hair people, manicure experts, and models (of course). Today, we gleaned invaluable lessons at Peter Som, rag & bone, and Suno.
1. Orange is the new everything. So far, there's been grandma-inspired orange lipstick at Creatures of the Wind, neon orange bitch lips at rag & bone, and now a vibrant orange manicure by Maybelline at Suno. We're calling it now: When it comes to beauty, orange is the color for spring 2014.
2. You're wearing blush wrong. The beauty seen on the runway at Suno was a fresh, young twist on grunge. Make-up artist Alice Lane kept things simple by using a lip balm on the eyelids and eyebrows and applying Maybelline's creme blush in Candy Coral directly on the apples of the cheeks. "Anywhere else looks dated," she said. Apply the blush where you'd pinch your cheeks and pat with your fingers for the perfect flush.
3. Mascara is great for brows, too. M.A.C make-up artist Tom Pecheux created a stunning strong brow for Peter Som. His secret: Apply mascara to the brow with a fan brush instead of using an eye pencil. "With a pencil, you're coloring the skin underneath, but mascara catches and enhances every hair." Make sure to let the mascara dry a little bit before applying, though — clumpy brows are a big no-no.
4. This is the best concealer for covering tattoos. The fashion world loves their tattoos, but not always on the runway. To cover up tattoos for certain shows, the go-to product is Kevin Aucoin's skin-enhancing concealer. Select a shade or two lighter than your normal skin and set it with powder that matches your skin tone for maximum coverage. No, worries Cara — make-up artists have you covered. Literally.
5. Stay fizzy, stay healthy. Newcomer Holly Rose swears by the fizzy tablet Berocca to keep her healthy. She dissolves the vitamin-packed supplement in a glass of water every morning. We also liked Karen Elson's bubbly approach — she attributes her glow to exhaustion. "I always stay one hour and one glass of Champagne too long," she joked. Berocca in the morning, Champagne all night? That's a health plan we can get behind.
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesA Glimpse Into Marilyn Monroe’s Private Life
Whoopi Goldberg curated intimate portraits of the icon in a new exhibit, featuring photographs by Milton Greene.Nate Parker Addresses Rape Accusations in 60 Minutes Clip
He went on the record with Anderson Cooper.Paris Fashion Week’s Runways Are Still Overwhelmingly White
It’s been only three days but the numbers are bleak.Misty Copeland Did Her Own Makeup for This Ballet Book
She danced for photographer Gregg Delman's new book.Why Do All My Instagram Cats Keep Dying?
When real life encroaches on the virtual.Hunger Casts a Cruel, All-consuming Spell, Study Confirms
It’s stronger than thirst, fear, or social needs.Female Chess Players Are Furious About Having to Wear Hijabs at the World Championship in Iran
The world championship tournament is in Iran, where women are required to wear hijabs.Man in Tech Actually Admits He Was Wrong
Well, this is a first!The Other Kids in Jennifer Garner’s Daughter’s Class Have a Laptop, Why Can’t She?
Jen told Today she didn’t know tweens need computers.How Do You Follow a Great Designer?
Bouchra Jarrar’s first collection since taking over from Alber Elbaz at Lanvin.
The mom of two young kids says wellness is a balancing act.The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
Being a royal kid seems like a pretty sweet deal.The Male Model Who Has Appeared on More Romance Novel Covers Than Fabio
Jason Baca talks romance-novel cover modeling and eating a ton of chicken breasts.The Retro Stain Remover I Use on Everything
Don’t mind the smell — that’s how you know it’s working.My Toddler Is Having a Halloween Identity Crisis
She doesn’t want to be someone other than herself.New York Magazine’s ‘Sex Lives’: Can Masturbation Be a Radical Act?
This week’s podcast.Rob Kardashian Had a Childhood Crush on His Sister Kim Kardashian, and Now You Know About It Too
It’s 2016, everybody.We May Never Find Out What Happened Between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
The two have reportedly entered into “private negotiations.”Why Am I Always Tired?
Don't assume it's a health problem.How Yoga Turns You Superhuman or Just Less Freaked Out About Life
It trains the body, mind, and everything in between.