All week, we'll be going behind the scenes to figure out what a normal woman can learn from makeup artists, hair people, manicure experts, and models (of course). Today, we gleaned invaluable lessons at Peter Som, rag & bone, and Suno.
1. Orange is the new everything. So far, there's been grandma-inspired orange lipstick at Creatures of the Wind, neon orange bitch lips at rag & bone, and now a vibrant orange manicure by Maybelline at Suno. We're calling it now: When it comes to beauty, orange is the color for spring 2014.
2. You're wearing blush wrong. The beauty seen on the runway at Suno was a fresh, young twist on grunge. Make-up artist Alice Lane kept things simple by using a lip balm on the eyelids and eyebrows and applying Maybelline's creme blush in Candy Coral directly on the apples of the cheeks. "Anywhere else looks dated," she said. Apply the blush where you'd pinch your cheeks and pat with your fingers for the perfect flush.
3. Mascara is great for brows, too. M.A.C make-up artist Tom Pecheux created a stunning strong brow for Peter Som. His secret: Apply mascara to the brow with a fan brush instead of using an eye pencil. "With a pencil, you're coloring the skin underneath, but mascara catches and enhances every hair." Make sure to let the mascara dry a little bit before applying, though — clumpy brows are a big no-no.
4. This is the best concealer for covering tattoos. The fashion world loves their tattoos, but not always on the runway. To cover up tattoos for certain shows, the go-to product is Kevin Aucoin's skin-enhancing concealer. Select a shade or two lighter than your normal skin and set it with powder that matches your skin tone for maximum coverage. No, worries Cara — make-up artists have you covered. Literally.
5. Stay fizzy, stay healthy. Newcomer Holly Rose swears by the fizzy tablet Berocca to keep her healthy. She dissolves the vitamin-packed supplement in a glass of water every morning. We also liked Karen Elson's bubbly approach — she attributes her glow to exhaustion. "I always stay one hour and one glass of Champagne too long," she joked. Berocca in the morning, Champagne all night? That's a health plan we can get behind.
Most Viewed Stories
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
Here’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Michelle Obama’s Face Perfectly Sums Up How You’re Feeling Today
Thousands of Women Are Descending Upon Washington D.C. for the Women’s March
The Complicated, Controversial, Historic, Inspiring Women’s March
Melania Trump Wears Ralph Lauren on Inauguration Day
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty Features‘Smells Like Boys’: A Night at the DeploraBall
Partying in Trump’s America.Inauguration Day in Washington Is Like a Nightmare Twitter Thread
People have come from around America to shout at each other.Melania Trump’s White House Bio Talks a Lot About Her Modeling Experience
And also plugs her Melania™ Timepieces & Jewelry collection on QVC.The Best Street Style From Paris Men’s Fashion Week
Baby pink, camo, and plenty of puffers.Everyone Is Handling This Week Differently
Another brave sartorial choice from baby boy Bieber.Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Très chic, Bernard.The Complicated, Controversial, Historic, Inspiring Women’s March
The movement survives not in spite of its cacophony, but because of it.Thousands of Women Are Descending Upon Washington D.C. for the Women’s March
Via plane, train, and automobile.Broad City’s Abbi and Ilana Prepare for the Trumpocalypse
“Pence looks like a wooden doll from the ‘50s.”Hillary Clinton Wore a Ralph Lauren White Pantsuit to Trump’s Inauguration
It’s not her first.
The Obamas and the Trumps met at the White House before the swearing-in ceremony.Melania Trump Wears Ralph Lauren on Inauguration Day
The pale-blue suit is drawing comparisons to Jackie Kennedy.How to Be Safe When Researching Your Abortion Online
Because our digital records are being used against us.These Artworks Capture Female Rage Over a Trump Inauguration
80 women contributed to the exhibit “Uprise / Angry Women” in Tribeca.Protesters Around the World Call for ‘Bridges Not Walls’ in Response to Trump’s Inauguration
Protesters unfurled banners on bridges across the world.Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
She described her Gucci coat as “Trump revolutionary wear.”Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
For a state that still has segregationist language in its constitution, it was a surprise.Shia LaBeouf Is Doing a 4-Year-Long Anti-Trump Livestream Event
It’s entitled HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US.The Divided States of America
Don’t assume you know your rights.Chrissy Teigen Says She Had a Horribly Racist Encounter With a Paparazzo
The supermodel spoke out on Twitter.