All week, we'll be going behind the scenes to figure out what a normal woman can learn from makeup artists, hair people, manicure experts, and models (of course). Today, we gleaned invaluable lessons at Peter Som, rag & bone, and Suno.
1. Orange is the new everything. So far, there's been grandma-inspired orange lipstick at Creatures of the Wind, neon orange bitch lips at rag & bone, and now a vibrant orange manicure by Maybelline at Suno. We're calling it now: When it comes to beauty, orange is the color for spring 2014.
2. You're wearing blush wrong. The beauty seen on the runway at Suno was a fresh, young twist on grunge. Make-up artist Alice Lane kept things simple by using a lip balm on the eyelids and eyebrows and applying Maybelline's creme blush in Candy Coral directly on the apples of the cheeks. "Anywhere else looks dated," she said. Apply the blush where you'd pinch your cheeks and pat with your fingers for the perfect flush.
3. Mascara is great for brows, too. M.A.C make-up artist Tom Pecheux created a stunning strong brow for Peter Som. His secret: Apply mascara to the brow with a fan brush instead of using an eye pencil. "With a pencil, you're coloring the skin underneath, but mascara catches and enhances every hair." Make sure to let the mascara dry a little bit before applying, though — clumpy brows are a big no-no.
4. This is the best concealer for covering tattoos. The fashion world loves their tattoos, but not always on the runway. To cover up tattoos for certain shows, the go-to product is Kevin Aucoin's skin-enhancing concealer. Select a shade or two lighter than your normal skin and set it with powder that matches your skin tone for maximum coverage. No, worries Cara — make-up artists have you covered. Literally.
5. Stay fizzy, stay healthy. Newcomer Holly Rose swears by the fizzy tablet Berocca to keep her healthy. She dissolves the vitamin-packed supplement in a glass of water every morning. We also liked Karen Elson's bubbly approach — she attributes her glow to exhaustion. "I always stay one hour and one glass of Champagne too long," she joked. Berocca in the morning, Champagne all night? That's a health plan we can get behind.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesLupita Nyong’o Dropped a Rap Video to Celebrate Her 3 Million Instagram Followers
She debuted a short video on Instagram.Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
She had a kiss for her dad and her boyfriend.The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
This week’s sex diary.Marc Jacobs’s Dog Has His Own Coffee-Table Book
Neville Jacobs, Instagram celebrity.The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes want you to feel FOMO.Emma Watson Helped Make a Short Film to Inspire You, Ladies
Jump those hurdles. Swing from a chandelier.Get Gender-Free Fashion Delivered to Your Hotel Room
Best room service ever.Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis Are Having a Girl
It’s yet another reason to be #NeverTrump.The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
Revolt away, girls.Arrest Made in Pippa Middleton iCloud Photo Hack
The hacker reportedly offered The Sun and The Daily Mail 3,000 pictures for a large sum of money.
She’s with her.Dolce & Gabbana Was an Italian Lovefest
The theme was Tropico Italiano.Watch the Salvatore Ferragamo Livestream
Enjoy!Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did a Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepare to be upstaged.The Kids From Stranger Things Are Hanging Out With Nicolas Ghesquière
Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo hit up Louis Vuitton’s HQ in Paris.A ‘Cagney & Lacey–esque’ Police Drama Is Currently in Development at ABC
Bring. On. The Female. Detectives.Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
She’ll have to answer questions under oath in the latest lawsuit against him.