When rumors of Kate Moss posing for Playboy started swirling last March, many were in disbelief. But this summer, clues kept insisting that, yes, Moss would put on some bunny ears for a special issue. Then Chuck Close got involved somehow. And, in June, when hairstylist Oribe revealed that he had styled Moss's hair for the shoot, it was more or less confirmed — no amount of attempted secrecy can undermine the omniscience of a hairstylist. We assumed it was a done deal, but the Playboy team has officially confirmed: She will grace the cover of their 60th anniversary issue, reports the Los Angeles Times. Moss will pose in the brand's signature bunny ears, french cuffs, silk stockings, and pout for a spread photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot. The issue hits shelves in December 2013, one month before her 40th birthday, so get ready for an explosion of "Kate Moss, Naked at 40 and Fabulous" headlines around the holidays.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve