In a conference call with analysts today, Men’s Wearhouse CEO Doug Ewert blamed weak stock performance on superstitious brides who won’t get married in 2013. They’re apparently hurting the tuxedo-rental business. “We are aware of widespread negative results, impacting the wedding industry this year," he said, according to The Wall Street Journal. "We believe this is mostly a timing shift. Historically, we’ve seen numeric anomalies in the calendar effect when brides choose their wedding date, and we believe that the number 13 in 2013 is causing a small, but meaningful number of brides to avoid getting married this year.” Fear of the number thirteen is called “triskaidekaphobia” and it is not the most irrational mentality known to befall brides-to-be.
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive