LVMH announced today that it has taken a majority stake in CFDA/Fashion Fund winner Nicholas Kirkwood, a company it's been eyeing since March. The brand will be under the LVMH fashion group, which includes Celine, Givenchy, and Marc Jacobs, reports WWD. The peddlers of decadently quirky footwear are already popular — Nicholas Kirkwood's wares are sold in 150 department stores, and there are flagship stores in London, New York, and Las Vegas. So what's next for the brand LVMH intends to turn into a powerhouse? "Handbags." Duh.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve