As far as department-store-window designs go, we didn't think collaborations could get more exciting than Jay Z and Barneys for the holidays — that is until Saks Fifth Avenue announced its partnership with ABC's Scandal. Emmy-nominated (and Vanity Fair "Best Dressed") actress Kerry Washington's character, Olivia Pope, is unarguably one of the most fashion-oriented yet accessibly dressed characters on television, so it makes sense that Saks would pay tribute. The collaboration, which kicks off on October 2, will include still vague but thrilling in-store, online, and onscreen components, plus a window installation created by Scandal's Emmy-winning costume designer, which will feature Olivia Pope–approved designers Giorgio Armani, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, and Carolina Herrera.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve