Perhaps the public lambasting of over-the-top street-style stars by fashion editor Suzy Menkes last season had a deeper impact than imagined. The outfits snapped around Lincoln Center on day one were surprisingly muted, and while day-two looks carried a similar overall vibe (minimalism is in style), they felt a notch more like the "street style" of the past — before it hit its breaking point — especially with the flood of vibrant colors. As the Cut's YoungJun Koo snapped the cream of the fashion world crop — Eva Chen, Anna Wintour, Susie Lau, Joanna Hillman, and more — nearly everyone had a circular pair of sunglasses that made them look like a fashionable alien. And, clearly, the "no white after Labor Day" rule does not apply to the fashion world. Silly rules are meant to be broken, anyway.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?