It appears that while members of the flashion (flashy + fashion) week tribe were busy stampeding their way from London to Milan, they became reacquainted with their NYFW love: the color white — along with rich creams and ivories. The Cut's YoungJun Koo snapped the cheerful style crew on the streets (or on bikes and scooters) as they became accustomed to their new backdrop. But while whites abounded, prints and quirky accessories matched up well. We photographed Erika Boldrin in a pair of milky trousers covered in eyeball print; Anna Dello Russo wearing sandals with a pony-hair train; Elisa Carisi's gnome heels; Oksana On's bunny ears; and more. Anna Wintour even looked like a prep-school princess, with her single-buttoned bright-blue cardigan and her army of bodyguards. Click through the slideshow to vicariously live through the first day of Milan Fashion Week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?