Nobody expected Fashion Week to include a day that could be equated to sitting in a suffocating sauna, sweating out toxins. But it did. And every quick-thinking member of the fashion tribe acted fast to whip out a suitable outfit for a day of hot, possibly smelly show-viewing. Tank tops, sheer shirts, designer tees, and shift dresses made the rounds, but the most ubiquitous item of all in the street-style set? The crop top, obvs. The Cut's YoungJoon Koo snapped DIY crops (a.k.a T-shirts and button-ups knotted at the stomach); denim bralettes; starchy white tank crops; and long-sleeved turtleneck crops, as worn by Miroslava Duma. There was no better moment to show off a sliver of belly. Click through the slideshow to see how everyone kept cool, including the Hilton sisters.. Lesson No. 1: Never wear a leather jacket on a hot, humid day.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time