It happens every year in the last week of August: The cobblestone streets of Soho begin to fill with a steady trickle of tall, impossibly thin young aliens carrying black portfolios and wearing fanny packs. Some look lost, some right at home, and all look great in their "off duty" uniforms of Wang tees, leather shorts, and sunglasses. Although Fashion Week doesn’t officially begin until Thursday, we sent photographer Bek Andersen and reporter Bethie Girmai to talk to models on their way to castings all over Manhattan last week. Click ahead to see the army of beautiful men and women ushering in the spring season, and hear what they’re eating and wearing, and who they’re crushing on.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times