Socks are to winter what pedicures are to summer: a bright, personal touch when paired with the right shoes. Out of thousands of boots now in stores, we picked the ones we most look forward to wearing — ankle-bone-skimming beatnik boots courtesy of Miu Miu, Balenciaga's now-iconic cutout boot, the fail-proof classic riding boots from Sartore, very sexy thigh-high flat boots from Alexander Wang — and paired them with socks or stockings that we think would be the most fun to wear underneath. Peeking out from the tops or scrunched down as your own inside joke, as demonstrated on Celine's fall runway, your socks can be a decisive styling statement. Click on to see all 50 of our favorite combinations.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split