From the Philippines, a cautionary tale for the Rich Kids of Instagram: 23-year-old socialite Jeane Napoles is being investigated for tax evasion after social media photos of the fashion-design student taking a bath in cash (euros, natch) caught the eye of the Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue. “We read the newspapers," said bureau chief Kim Henares. "We follow the Internet. That is where we heard about her.” Henares says Napoles has not filed a U.S. tax return since 2008. Other red flags: her million-dollar condo at the Los Angeles Ritz Carlton, her thing for jewel-encrusted Louboutins, and her mom, Janet, who is currently imprisoned and awaits trial for allegedly helping Philippine politicians embezzle up to $232 million.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?