Perhaps it's the crisp, cool breeze that sends one directly into the arms of a fisherman sweater (just look at how happy Elisa Nalin looks in her big blue pullover), but this fall, we're exaggerating when it comes to our knitwear. There's a wonderful sense of ease to pulling on relaxed sweaters in supersize silhouettes paired with baggy jeans, tailored slim trousers, flared midi skirts, or anything, really. If you're volume-averse, opt for a heel to balance the look, but if you think more is more, try an ample turtleneck with baggy trousers and sneakers. We've gathered some of the season's most impressive cables, Aran knits, and mohairs in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times