Most people make their political endorsements in interviews or op-eds. The women of the Senate make theirs in a secret ritual cloaked in on-trend witchy secrecy. All of the female Democratic Senators signed a private letter to Hillary Clinton early this year, urging her to run for president in 2016— even those who are also floated as potential candidates. Or it was private, until Senator Kay Hagen let it slip at an EMILY’s List event yesterday, prompting apologies from her office to the other senators. “All of the Senate Democratic women have written her a letter encouraging her to run,” the North Carolina Senator said, according to Capital NY. The letter was reportedly organized by High Priestess Barbara Boxer. “I have repeatedly said — publicly, privately and in writing — that Hillary Clinton should run for president in 2016,” she told ABC News. “I can only speak for myself. I’ll leave it to my colleagues to describe their views.”
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken