While we were were busy appreciating the changing colors of leaves and hoarding all things pumpkin-flavored, the brisk chill that straddles both fall and winter swiftly descended upon us. The shorts and tank tops of summer have officially gone into hibernation, and wool coats, fluffy kits, and sturdy boots have come out for duty to protect our bodies from the elements. It's not freezing enough to walk around bundled up in puffers, but not warm enough to bare limbs with abandon. We've entered the middle-period called "transitional dressing," when the first batch of cold-weather favorites makes their first appearance. The Cut's Bek Andersen went to various New York neighborhoods to capture some stylish mid-fall looks. Everything from chunky scarves, capes, over-the-knee boots, leopard-print coats, beanies, and sunglasses made an appearance. Click through the slideshow for some cool-weather dressing inspiration.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her