While we were were busy appreciating the changing colors of leaves and hoarding all things pumpkin-flavored, the brisk chill that straddles both fall and winter swiftly descended upon us. The shorts and tank tops of summer have officially gone into hibernation, and wool coats, fluffy kits, and sturdy boots have come out for duty to protect our bodies from the elements. It's not freezing enough to walk around bundled up in puffers, but not warm enough to bare limbs with abandon. We've entered the middle-period called "transitional dressing," when the first batch of cold-weather favorites makes their first appearance. The Cut's Bek Andersen went to various New York neighborhoods to capture some stylish mid-fall looks. Everything from chunky scarves, capes, over-the-knee boots, leopard-print coats, beanies, and sunglasses made an appearance. Click through the slideshow for some cool-weather dressing inspiration.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split