This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to eat like Beyoncé, collect clothes with vaginas on them, and speak to many earnest bros.
1. What man-bashing would ensue if you gave girls an anonymous, lady-only space to discuss their ex-boyfriends? Maureen O'Connor perused the "Yelp for men," and found that everyone was pretty polite! Lots of mentions of great smiles.
3. Are all memoirs about anorexia just how-to manuals? Molly Fischer analyzes what's up with these perversely appealing personal histories — and considers Kelly Osgood's new book, How to Disappear Completely, which dissects the genre.
4. Where did the Victoria’s Secret Angels come from? Well, in case you didn't hear, there was a fashion show this week hosted by an underwear company. Some diving into the history of celestial spirits found that the hierarchy of the heavenly host corresponds only slightly to Victoria's Secret rigid lingerie ladder.
5. What is the most insane dress you saw this week? Allison Davis spoke to Peggy Noland, the creator of this dress that features a skinny, naked, screaming Oprah on it.
6. Well, once we're on the topic of wearing someone else's nudity on your sleeve, what's up with all these vaginas on our clothes? Kat Stoeffel's got the rundown on shirts that say things like "SOLID GOLD CLIT" or (grammatically immaculate!) "Sleep with whomever you want."
7. Also, what's up with all the bros that love Love Actually? "It's just a really good movie," report the bros.
8. What does Lorde's commentary on her pop cohorts mean? Daniel D'Addario says that her jibes at Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and Katy Perry are critiques of the pop music scene at large.
9. Is Morgan Saylor, the actress who plays Dana on Homeland, as sullen as she seems? No, not at all, because she's an actress and that's acting. Charlotte Cowles interviewed her and she sounds cool. Get that Dana-hating outta here.
10. Are there any trends involving cats and celebrities and footwear? That's an amazingly specific request, but you happen to be in luck. Cat-flats are a thing.
Most Viewed Stories
Melania Trump Is Reportedly ‘Miserable’ in Her Role As First Lady
Nighttime Voice-mails From the White House
My Daughter’s Suburban Childhood Looks Nothing Like My Urban One
Trump Somehow Found a Way to Insult Women at the Unveiling of an Airplane
Fixer Upper’s First Single Bachelor Is Causing Some Drama
Angelina Jolie Attended the Premiere of Her New Movie in Cambodia
Chrissy Teigen on ‘Underrepresented’ Asian Models and Appropriation
Zoe Saldana Shares the First Photo of Her Newborn Baby
Angela Merkel Is Also Powerless Against Justin Trudeau’s Gaze
When Good Christian Girls Need Planned Parenthood
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.