Dear Cut readers,
We are in the final hours of my tenure at the Cut. I timed my departure strategically so that I could drown my sorrows in carbs.
I arrived here three years ago with no idea what to expect and even less of an idea what I was doing. But I learned from the best, and before long I was allowed to babble in front of cameras and pontificate about thongs and see-through pants. In honor of Thanksgiving and my last day, here's a list of lessons I'm grateful to have learned.
2. The Internet always wins. No matter how hard fashion designers try to fight the web, they'll have to surrender eventually. Pictures of clothes just want to be free! Particularly pictures of Beyoncé in sequins.
3. Boyfriends are sensitive. Before publishing a 1,200-plus-word story about your significant other, let him read it — but then don't let him look at the comments after.
4. The royal family contains multitudes. Never underestimate the entertainment value of anyone with a title, no matter how tangential. Why do you think the Brits have kept them around for so many centuries? Not just for their charming hats, that's for sure.
5. Dress every day like you might have to vault out of a stuck freight elevator. And you know those mornings when it's pouring rain and you can't be bothered to shower? That'll be the day when you suddenly get the chance to interview Marc Jacobs, who always looks impeccable. And then photographers will take your picture and your mom will e-mail it to all her friends.
8. Anna Wintour hates to be interrupted at dinner. I should have known.
9. Extra hair looks great on everyone! Even New York's art critic, Jerry Saltz.
11. Juices are delicious and healthy. But juice fasts are not! Good god, what are you people thinking?! Especially since you can't swing a lipstick in this industry without hitting a free box of Ladurée macarons.
Thanks for a fun three years, everyone. Starting next week, you'll find me over at Harper's Bazaar.
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.