This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to propose new suggestions for the world's sexiest man alive, drink pond water from Central Park, and get the ice skater style.
1. What does it mean to steal the paparazzi’s work? Maureen O’Connor finds that this type of thievery is apparently okay as long as celebrities are the ones doing it.
2. What kind of music does Karl Lagerfeld listen to? He’s obsessed with Lorde. Did you assume he wasn’t just like you?
3. What's everyone wearing to the ice rink this winter? Katie Van Syckle and Marisha Camp prepared a slideshow of skaters at McCarren Park. They look fantastic, all the them! Sharp as their skates.
4. Who's coming to Capitol Hill? Moms! Kat Stoeffel reports that while the previous generation of women arrived on Capitol Hill as empty-nesters or child-free, the rising class includes a number of younger women with school-age children.
5. Is Adam Levine actually the sexiest man alive? Hell no. Didn't you learn about believing none of what you read? The Cut has got so many other options.
6. Are there other sexy men in the world? Sure. Kathleen Hou found five good-looking male perfumers.
7. What would happen if you drank Central Park pond water? Well, you should use a filtration system, and you still might convince yourself you’re getting sick.
8. Were any awful terms coined this week? Yes. Here's Charlotte Cowles on pregorexia.
9. Is it possible to love someone and disagree with them? Of course, writes Ann Friedman, in her article about loathing your family's politics.
10. Anything new going on in the food porn world? Well, in the art world Aurel Schmidt is making lovely, sexual vegetable and fruit illustrations. Isabel Wilkinson interviews her.
11. How do people sext? Why do people sext? We spoke to twenty people with experience, thoughts, euphemisms, and proclivities on the subject.
12. Is Eric Wilson’s perspective going to change because of his move to InStyle? “I think it’s safe to say the snark monster is going away for some time. But, that said, it’s my voice, and I can’t say things that I don’t think are authentic,” Wilson told Charlotte Cowles in the Cut’s exclusive interview.
13. Do you have a favorite hat from history? Oh, that’s wonderful. It’s probably in this list of the 50 most remarkable hats of all time.
Most Viewed Stories
Here’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
Bernie Sanders Reviews the Balenciaga Men’s Collection
Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington
Inauguration Committee Chairman Says Kanye West Wasn’t Invited to Perform Because It’s a ‘Typically and Traditionally American’ Event
Malia Obama Might Be Starting an Internship With Harvey Weinstein
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.