This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to propose new suggestions for the world's sexiest man alive, drink pond water from Central Park, and get the ice skater style.
1. What does it mean to steal the paparazzi’s work? Maureen O’Connor finds that this type of thievery is apparently okay as long as celebrities are the ones doing it.
2. What kind of music does Karl Lagerfeld listen to? He’s obsessed with Lorde. Did you assume he wasn’t just like you?
3. What's everyone wearing to the ice rink this winter? Katie Van Syckle and Marisha Camp prepared a slideshow of skaters at McCarren Park. They look fantastic, all the them! Sharp as their skates.
4. Who's coming to Capitol Hill? Moms! Kat Stoeffel reports that while the previous generation of women arrived on Capitol Hill as empty-nesters or child-free, the rising class includes a number of younger women with school-age children.
5. Is Adam Levine actually the sexiest man alive? Hell no. Didn't you learn about believing none of what you read? The Cut has got so many other options.
6. Are there other sexy men in the world? Sure. Kathleen Hou found five good-looking male perfumers.
7. What would happen if you drank Central Park pond water? Well, you should use a filtration system, and you still might convince yourself you’re getting sick.
8. Were any awful terms coined this week? Yes. Here's Charlotte Cowles on pregorexia.
9. Is it possible to love someone and disagree with them? Of course, writes Ann Friedman, in her article about loathing your family's politics.
10. Anything new going on in the food porn world? Well, in the art world Aurel Schmidt is making lovely, sexual vegetable and fruit illustrations. Isabel Wilkinson interviews her.
11. How do people sext? Why do people sext? We spoke to twenty people with experience, thoughts, euphemisms, and proclivities on the subject.
12. Is Eric Wilson’s perspective going to change because of his move to InStyle? “I think it’s safe to say the snark monster is going away for some time. But, that said, it’s my voice, and I can’t say things that I don’t think are authentic,” Wilson told Charlotte Cowles in the Cut’s exclusive interview.
13. Do you have a favorite hat from history? Oh, that’s wonderful. It’s probably in this list of the 50 most remarkable hats of all time.
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
J.Crew Is Shifting Away From a High Fashion Image, Focusing Instead on Its Heritage
Working Families Party Calls for Congress to Shoot Down Obama Trade Deal
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
11 Struggles Every Girl With Glasses Will Understand
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesYou Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Think again.‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
It's like whiskey dick, but with weed.How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
A helpful guide.Would You Date a Guy on a Hoverboard? A Survey
An important poll for our time.Americans Just Want to Eat in Peace — So They Hide It
We're a nation who hides our snacks.All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
There's a Rob-shaped hole on the new Cosmo cover.Queen Ronda Rousey Is the First Woman to Cover Aussie Men’s Fitness
She's flexin' down under.Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
This week's horoscopes.The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Just like at bars, it's the crowd that counts.
He didn’t want to chat.8 Actually Good Things That Happened This Week
Baby sea turtles wearing bathing suits and a necklace for your pizza.Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
Take that, sportscasters.A Comprehensive Taxonomy of Men With Long Hair
And why we like them anyway.Teens Are Dying From Train-Track Photo Shoots
The popular photo destination is actually super-dangerous.‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ed Houben has fathered 106 children — that he knows of.The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
Why it's so hard to look away.Did the ‘Maxipad Bandit’ Really Think He’d Escape?
Not so fast, mister.Woman Driven From Her Home by Death Threats After Starting Pro-Choice Hashtag
The hashtag drew intense scorn from anti-abortion activists.Ice-Cold Teens Don’t Hesitate to Block Their Exes
"I’m just like this is irrelevant now.”