Another year, another Victoria's Secret Fashion Show! Or, as the announcer put it, "the greatest fashion event in the world." There were no awkward cultural misappropriations this year, but still plenty to gawk at. Below, a list of our revelations from the evening.
1. The very cute male "stagehands," dressed in black jeans and tight t-shirts emblazoned with the word "backstage," were actually maiters. We even recognized one from the Cut's maiter tribute this summer. Sadly, tonight they held velvet ropes instead of cocktails.
2. The runway was covered in glitter. Because, of course! Flecks of it even got kicked into the air when the models stomped extra fiercely, creating a nice halo of sparkles around their feet.
3. Speaking of sparkles, Karlie Kloss wore a nude body stocking, strategically embroidered with crystals.
4. And despite rumors to the contrary, Cara Delevingne did walk in the show, first with a soccer ball that she almost dropped...
... and then with a pair of inexplicable yellow gloves, like what you wear to wash dishes.
5. It was tough to discern Taylor Swift, the evening's big-name performer, from the models — she too has long hair, long legs, and an impressive strut. During the "Brittania"-themed portion of the evening, she wore a British flag dress and a tiny top hat:
She later changed into a sequined micro-mini, because when in Rome!
6. Joan Smalls is simply not capable of looking tacky. She is elegant even dressed as a green, leather-trussed bird.
7. The appearance of Behati Prinsloo, Adam Levine's fiancée, garnered a standing ovation from the Maroon 5 band members in the front row. Levine has officially taken over Orlando Bloom's role as Victoria's Secret Angel supportive husband-in-chief.
8. One of the acts was "shipwreck"-themed, which meant the models walked with tattered wings, as though they were damaged sailboats — or castaways in shredded clothes but miraculously perfect underwear.
8. Girl group Neon Jungle is officially the next Spice Girls (or maybe En Vogue?), only with even more outlandish spandex. Audience members dutifully twirl their rave-y light-up toys while they performed, which looked cooler than expected.
9. Doutzen Kroes as an Eskimo, with inexplicable fur cuffs. A nod to Altuzarra's giant mittens? Eh, probably not.
10. As always, the Angels' butts were covered with just enough fabric to stay out of thong territory. By some feat of science, they were perpetually tiptoeing around wedgie-land but always managed to keep their cheeks contained. It's a fine line.
11. Oh, and Fall Out Boy took the stage, in man-capris and checkered Vans! As we overheard one person say, "They're probably just as surprised they're performing as we are." Ah, Victoria's Secret. You've always got something up your furry non-sleeve.BEGIN SLIDESHOW
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.