This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to explore PANK-hood, rethink "feminist nightmares," and talk to poets in Antarctica about bunny boots. Remember, you can also feed your mind this week.
1. What does it mean when Rihanna wears a doobie to the AMAs? Kathleen Hou explains.
2. Are you a spinster aunt? No way, writes Allison Davis, who says you're a PANK. It's all about quality time, fun, and Gaultier onesies.
3. What do you do if your boyfriend is on a vision quest that requires him not to have sex? We've got a testimony right here from a girl committed to a boy who's committed to ayahuasca.
4. What should you read to prep for feasting? Charlotte Cowles spoke to the new “It” girls of the food world, sisters Laura and Danielle Kosann of New Potato. They have great taste.
5. Who's a feminist nightmare? Not Michelle Obama, writes Kat Stoeffel in response to Politico's claim last week.
6. What does feminism look like? Oh, Emily Shornick reports that stock photography just has a bundle of ideas about women.
7. What are literary man-children up to these days? E-mailing Adelle Waldman, author of The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. She shares notes from the dudes who feel they have a lot in common with her protagonist.
8. Is anyone spending Thanksgiving somewhere exciting? Kat Stoeffel interviewed poet Jynne Dilling Martin, who is in the middle of a six-week stint as the Antarctica artist-in-residence. Learn about bunny boots and relentless sunlight.
9. Who loves a "sickly color"? Topshop's new design consultant, Geoffrey J. Finch, who talked to Hattie Crisell about his adoration of emojis and on-point pop-culture references.
10. What GIFs do I get everyone? The Cut has a holiday GIF guide. Sally Holmes has perfectly captured what it looks like when you see your middle-school best friend’s cute older brother at baggage claim (it's Ron from Harry Potter, looking sheepish).
11. What do dream visions look like in photographs? Julie Ma spoke to photographers Tania Shcheglova and Roman Noven about their new project, Reverie Sleep.
Most Viewed Stories
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Angelina Jolie Got Everything She Wanted in Temporary Divorce Deal With Brad Pitt
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.