This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to speak to a man responsible for Beyoncé's Internet-breaking music video brouhaha, interrogate people about their unsafe sex stories, and review a year of sheer in fashion.
1. Is living in filth the only path to housekeeping equality? No, living in filth is a cop-out, writes Jessica Grose. Dudes, just do your dishes.
2. Is your crotch on fire? You can commiserate with the fifteen people who discussed their unsafe sex stories.
3. Who decided Christian Bale should sport a mop of hair on his chest? That would be Christian Bale, says the head of the makeup department for American Hustle, in an interview with Kathleen Hou. Lots of hair to discuss for this one.
4. How rich do magazine editors think we are? Erica Schwiegershausen did a painstaking breakdown of gift guides from magazines and found that some editors think we have $1.7 million (dollars!) to spend at Christmas.
5. Hey, would you lie and say you had a child for the sake of making interesting conversation? Perhaps you are a people-pleaser, like Allison P. Davis, who writes about trying to change her ways.
6. Who is Barbie Birkin? Just a doll that has it all. We speak to the anonymous creator behind a brilliant, Warholian Instagram account.
7. What are fashion people getting each other for Christmas? The Cut played fashion Secret Santa, and here's how it played out. Day One: Simon Doonan got his book. Day Two: Mickey Boardman got a blinged-out Little Mermaid phone case. Day Three: Leandra Medine got a wrist party. Day Four: Joe Zee got an art print. Day Five: Jane Larkworthy got a cool toothbrush.
8. Why the squeeeeeEEeeeEEeeeeEEEee? Maureen O’Connor explains the lady squeal.
9. What is Beyoncé up to this week? Oh, nothing really, just having a sense of humor and releasing a surprise album all in one go. Sally Holmes broke down all of the looks from Bey's new music videos (and whoa, there are some looks) while Allison P. Davis spoke to the man behind "Yoncé" about definitions of sexiness.
10. Who ran the gamut from best to worst in this year's fashion? The Fug Girls have one Miley Cyrus making both the best and worst lists for their 2013 red-carpet retrospective, straight from her slinky Marc Jacobs green-machine gown to her Biggie/Tupac butt.
Most Viewed Stories
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
The Pippa Middleton Look Book
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesAva DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.UVA Student Assaulted at Knifepoint During Orientation Weekend
But some students weren't notified until 24 hours later.