This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to remember Loehmann's, catalog film's greatest influences on the fashion world, and wear their feelings on their fingernails.
1. What does the future look like in Spike Jonze's new movie Her? Not very sexy, reports Stella Bugbee: A fleece vest seduces no one.
2. What to wear you if you want to subtly (and stylishly) tell your family how you really feel? Try sporting nail polish with a name like I Don't Give a Rotterdam.
3. And what if some relatives are a little rude to you this week? See how their comments compare to the tidings of comfort and joy we received from our loved ones.
4. How to stave off boredom this weekend? Try these aesthetically minded film favorites from fashion-influencers, collected by Ken Miller. Basically you can't go wrong with Faye Dunaway.
5. Are you dating a Celestial Seasonings man or a Red Bull man, and what does it mean either way? Charlotte Cowles speaks to the authors of a book analyzing men by their preferred brands. Best hope you're not dating an Abercrombie bro.
6. Is your home stuffed to the gills with bags after a season of shopping? Well, here's a brief history of how the shopping bag came to be. The more you know!
7. What are your memories of Loehmann's? Jessica Silvester has a lovely essay about shopping with her mother at the now-shuttered store.
8. Is there more to Twitter feminism than listicle-ready complaints about stereotypes? YES, say the activists who spoke with Maureen O'Connor — although second-wave-style infighting is alive and well.
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
The Fashion Spot
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutSerena Williams Refuses to ‘Stay Silent’ About Racial Inequality
“It’s not how far we have come but how much further still we have to go.”Young Girl Calls for End to Police Brutality in Heartbreaking Speech
It’s a devastating plea.The Y Has Returned in a Big Way to YSL
This is what Saint Laurent looks like post-Hedi.The Most Dramatic Backstage Photos You’ll See All Fashion Month
Preview the book Landon Nordeman: Out of Fashion.Even 100 Years Ago, People Were Worried About Technology Ruining Relationships
An old cartoon echoes some very modern anxieties.This Lipstick Was Designed by a Woman Who Can See 100 Million Colors
Maureen Seberg can see so many more colors than you.Brad Pitt Skipping Premiere to Focus on ‘Family Situation’
The actor may be gearing up to tell his side of the story in the tabloids this week.Please Help Wesley Snipes Find His Leather Jacket
He will be cold without it.The President of NARAL on What Abortion Means in This Election
It signals how the candidates feel about women.YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
The stretch feels like a backbend—but for your feet.
She’s the first woman to land on Forbes’s list of the highest-paid comedians.The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
An ambitious woman and the angry men who want to stop her.Ivanka Trump Is Great for Women, Says Man Married to Ivanka Trump
Ivanka Trump is the perfect person to handle “women’s issues,” according to her husband.World’s First 3-Parent Baby Is a Healthy Boy
He was born in Mexico to Jordanian parents.Nation Recovers From Post-Debate Hangover With Mary J. Blige and Hillary Clinton Memes
“What will you do to fix the national epidemic of hateration in this dancerie?”The Hottest Party of the Year Is This 6-Year-Old’s Drake-Themed Birthday Party
It has everything: an OVO cake, Drake balloons, fake money.See Haute Couture’s Most Romantic Looks
Intricate pieces, out for a stroll around Paris.Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
TMZ reports that all the baby-shower drama stems from a breakup.Fashion Bloggers Do Not Deserve This Backlash
Neiman Marcus jumps on Vogue’s bandwagon and blames social media for declining sales.6 Hip-hop Influencers Wearing the Season’s Hottest Puffers
Missy Elliott’s “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)” look is back.