Is your OkCupid message game weak? Are you more at home in the Microsoft Office suite than swiping right or left on Tinder? Try Presentation Dating with Rahul Saggar, a Brooklyn engineer and the inventor of an alternative tampon applicator. According to the Daily News and DNAinfo, Saggar’s latest innovation is a monthly singles mixer that’s part speed-dating, part elevator pitch, inspired by the time a young co-worker started flirting with him after he nailed a PowerPoint presentation. “I just want a format for people to present themselves to a group of people, and if people are interested, they can go out,” he told the Daily News. So he lets them do it in his apartment, with free drinks and use of his projector. Presentation Dating has yet to yield many matches, but it appears to offer daters some catharsis. “One girl presented her online dating profile and started talking about how men have the power in [dating]," Saggar told DNAinfo. “And then the men there said that the women have power. It became like a group therapy session.” There's more information about how to sign up at the links.
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach