This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to question feminist underwear ads, try "natural" weight-loss supplements (heavy on the quotation marks), and consider the couture sneaker.
1. Is feminism the latest fashion trend? Ugh, don’t even ask that, writes Allison Davis. Fashion should stop co-opting political -isms.
4. Can the anti-Photoshop revolution sell you some underwear? Maureen O’Connor turns a skeptical eye on American Eagle’s anti-Photoshop sales campaign.
5. Is asking tennis players who they’re crushing on sexist? Only if we just ask one gender. Ask everyone! Kat Stoeffel (and I) want to know who everyone likes.
6. To invite the boys or no? Ann Friedman makes the argument for banishing men every so often and having an all-lady party.
7. Do you need something artsy to talk about this weekend? Erica Schwiegershausen interviewed Samia Halaby, an abstract painter, and Fortunato Castro, who took a series of self-portraits dressed as his mother. Take your pick!
8. Should we be overthinking these intimate pseudo-lesbian supermodel Instagram posts? In response to Cara Delevingne’s and Joan Small’s Instagrams, Allison Davis wonders about whether they're striking playful Sapphic poses or using lesbianism as provocation.
9. Do those natural weight-loss supplements actually work? Cheryl Wischhover tried the least sketchy ones she could find, but she notes that putting quotation marks around the word "natural" is necessary.
10. What are vintage-obsessed dressers all about right now? Marisha Camp spoke to women at the Manhattan Vintage show and snapped photos of a lot of old-school wool.
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Misty Copeland Did Her Own Makeup for This Ballet Book
Blac Chyna Tweets Out Rob Kardashian’s Phone Number As an Apparent Warning to His Fangirls
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.