This week's pursuit of woman-relevant topics led Cut writers to get deep into Vogue's Pigeongate, try out all the bust-enhancing creams, and explore the results of snooping.
1. What are the pros and cons of creeping? Alyssa Shelasky brings you fifteen stories of snooping — one is a big laugh, but most are horrible.
2. What are boob creams good for? Well, at least they allow you to dream about the possibility of having bigger boobs.
3. What's wrong with Jezebel's $10,000 offer for unretouched Lena Dunham pictures? Kat Stoeffel explains why Jezebel should have taken up a different cause. But they didn't, and so all of us got to see what Lena Dunham looks like without a bird on her hair. Scandal.
4. How do you diet-hack the Silicon Valley way? By putting butter in your coffee, among other strategies — so reports Allison Davis.
5. What's the newest party game for a certain sort of woman? We spoke to Kate Stayman-London about her Ladies Against Humanity project.
6. Who knows the most about love (or at least the most about personal essays about love)? Kat Stoeffel spoke to Daniel Jones, the New York Times's "Modern Love" editor, about what he's learned in a decade of editing "the country’s foremost platform for mushiness, heartache, and painfully acquired romantic wisdom."
7. Should you embrace the concept of dating karma? It's your choice, but Katie Heaney recommends it.
8. What do soil samples have to do with costume design? Katie Van Syckle spoke to Patricia Norris, the costume designer for 12 Years a Slave, who just received her sixth Academy Award nomination.
9. How should you react if you feel others are oversharing online? Stop complaining and just unfollow them. Besides, writes Maureen O’Connor, unfollowing is a joy.
10. What happened at the Golden Globes? The Fug Girls have the best and worst of the dresses — there were high-fashion hospital gowns, built-in capes, and detachable capes. On the dudes — well, there were sexy, sexy man buns. A bevy of celebrities changed into usually questionable outfits for the after-party. And one well-dressed young star even bought her dress! Simon Doonan approves.
Most Viewed Stories
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.