This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to see if curling worked up a sweat, report on fashion week in London and Milan, and catalog all of the indignities that Kate Upton's boobs have endured.
1. What does the Pippa Middleton lifestyle entail? Cruise days, consolidation days, celebrating, Zumba, haggis— oh, it's a whirlwind of meals and exercise. Rebecca Harrington reports.
2. What sort of sexy shenanigans did your Barbies get up to? Ann Friedman writes about the usually unacknowledged sex lives within the Dream House.
4. Have you caught up on sleep and sanity after NYFW? That's great. For posts with a little perspective on the fashion week that passed, Veronica Misako Gledhill has compiled the fifty best looks, illustrator Bil Donovan created some dreamy watercolors, and Daley Quinn found 27 really rad hats.
5. What do barfing and sequins have in common? Erica Schwiegershausen spoke to fifteen people from the competitive figure skating world about their time with the sport.
6. Does love know any limits? Love knows no limits, not even the probable bounds of geography. Grace Wyler reports that Tinder matched a couple in Antarctica.
7. What news from Milan and London? Rebecca Ramsey reports on the most bonkers events at London's fashion week. And in Milan, it's all bright lipstick, cigarettes, and big hair clips. Alex Majoli has glamorous photographs of the scene.
8. Will you like this post for my self-esteem please? Maureen O'Connor writes about how social media can feed our neediness.
9. What have we done in the name of editorial photography and science? Kate Upton's breasts have been subjected to at least a dozen indignities including employment as a marine wildlife habitat, a jungle-gym for a small monkey, and zero gravity.
10. Who really won the Olympics in the Hair division? Men's follicles, by a landslide. Here are a dozen or so male Olympians with fantastic hair.
11. Finally, for your Olympic queries, let's talk about curling. Does it do a single thing that gets the blood moving? Cheryl Wischhover's investigation might surprise you. Does she lose her breath? Well, we're not going to spoil it for you, but we will tell you that there is a fun discussion of curling uniforms.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
7 Asian Beauty Trends You Need To Try Now
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War Features8 Actually Good Things That Happened This Week
Baby sea turtles wearing bathing suits and a necklace for your pizza.Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
Take that, sportscasters.A Comprehensive Taxonomy of Men With Long Hair
And why we like them anyway.Teens Are Dying From Train-Track Photo Shoots
The popular photo destination is actually super-dangerous.‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ed Houben has fathered 106 children — that he knows of.The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
Why it's so hard to look away.Did the ‘Maxipad Bandit’ Really Think He’d Escape?
Not so fast, mister.Woman Driven From Her Home by Death Threats After Starting Pro-Choice Hashtag
The hashtag drew intense scorn from anti-abortion activists.Ice-Cold Teens Don’t Hesitate to Block Their Exes
"I’m just like this is irrelevant now.”Let Sorority Girls Instagram Themselves in Peace
Come on, man.
Whether you're Lena Dunham or an emerging writer, the format has an appealing intimacy.The Bennifer Years Affected Matt Damon More Than Anyone Else
It's just really hard when your buddy breaks up with J.Lo, you know?Someone Used Gasoline to Set a Los Angeles–Area Planned Parenthood on Fire
Police believe gasoline was used as an accelerant to burn down the Thousand Oaks facility.Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
"Compete with the boys. Beat the boys."Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
You have a choice, people.New ‘Yelp for People’ Will Let You Rate Everyone You Know
Kind of like Lulu, or Hot or Not, or ...Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Glad She Was Trained in the ’60s
She's glad she was trained in the Mad Men era.Lena Dunham Apologizes for Joking About Abuse
"When I heard my own quote I was like, 'Jesus, Lena, no.'"Desperate Republicans Attack Planned Parenthood Chief’s Salary
"The disrespect, the misogyny rampant here today tells us what is really going on."Blake Lively’s Lifestyle Is No Longer for Sale
She will Goop no more.