This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to see if curling worked up a sweat, report on fashion week in London and Milan, and catalog all of the indignities that Kate Upton's boobs have endured.
1. What does the Pippa Middleton lifestyle entail? Cruise days, consolidation days, celebrating, Zumba, haggis— oh, it's a whirlwind of meals and exercise. Rebecca Harrington reports.
2. What sort of sexy shenanigans did your Barbies get up to? Ann Friedman writes about the usually unacknowledged sex lives within the Dream House.
4. Have you caught up on sleep and sanity after NYFW? That's great. For posts with a little perspective on the fashion week that passed, Veronica Misako Gledhill has compiled the fifty best looks, illustrator Bil Donovan created some dreamy watercolors, and Daley Quinn found 27 really rad hats.
5. What do barfing and sequins have in common? Erica Schwiegershausen spoke to fifteen people from the competitive figure skating world about their time with the sport.
6. Does love know any limits? Love knows no limits, not even the probable bounds of geography. Grace Wyler reports that Tinder matched a couple in Antarctica.
7. What news from Milan and London? Rebecca Ramsey reports on the most bonkers events at London's fashion week. And in Milan, it's all bright lipstick, cigarettes, and big hair clips. Alex Majoli has glamorous photographs of the scene.
8. Will you like this post for my self-esteem please? Maureen O'Connor writes about how social media can feed our neediness.
9. What have we done in the name of editorial photography and science? Kate Upton's breasts have been subjected to at least a dozen indignities including employment as a marine wildlife habitat, a jungle-gym for a small monkey, and zero gravity.
10. Who really won the Olympics in the Hair division? Men's follicles, by a landslide. Here are a dozen or so male Olympians with fantastic hair.
11. Finally, for your Olympic queries, let's talk about curling. Does it do a single thing that gets the blood moving? Cheryl Wischhover's investigation might surprise you. Does she lose her breath? Well, we're not going to spoil it for you, but we will tell you that there is a fun discussion of curling uniforms.
Most Viewed Stories
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.