This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to report from the Paris and Milan Fashion Weeks, develop a new mantra for mothers, and write a hearty takedown of sexting.
1. Are you "normcore, lol"? Fiona Duncan delves, digs, and dives into the latest fashion juggernaut, normcore, which is a non-trend trend of course, inspired by tourists and Jerry Seinfeld.
2. Can we all collectively agree that sexting sucks? Sure, why not. It's embarrassingly performative, awkward, and barely a deterrent of boredom. Maureen O'Connor explores why we still engage.
3. What's it like to get proposed to via an Instagram post? We talked to Jenna Caine about her "so 2014" engagement.
4. Do you want to see something beautiful and surreal? Of course you do, you always do. Here are 15 kaleidoscopic photos from the Cut's Maciek Jasik, bringing his surreal light to 15 gorgeous spring items.
6. If New York were high school, who would be the school-wide crushes? OKCupid revealed the four most desired people in New York; Logan Hill talked to them to see if they really were as charming as all that.
7. Anyone making statements at Paris Fashion Week? Robin Givhan writes that Rick Owens is giving fashion audiences street-level intimacy and "real" people, while Alexander Wang is giving "highly cosseted women clothes in which they can face the windy, rainy, cold, unpredictable world."
8. What about some Euro Fashion Week overviews? Givhan writes that Paris Fashion Week is nice, pleasant, but not particularly enlivening. Alex Majoli goes behind the scenes to bring you strange glimpses into the madness of a runway show.
9. Are you a mom who feels guilty about all the mom-things and non-mom-things you could be doing better? Jennifer Senior recommends that you start accepting her new mantra. What mantra is that? Oh, she'll tell you all about it, right here.
10. Was that the wildest set of dresses on Downton Abbey yet? It might have been, according to Downton's Emmy-winning costume designer, Caroline McCall, who talked to Katie Van Syckle about transitioning the Crawleys into the Jazz Age and drawing inspiration from Vionnet and Chanel.
11. Are sneakers truly the best new thing from fashion month? Oh, yes, they are. Here are not two, not three, not 36, but 60 of the best sneakers from the Fashion Weeks in New York, London, and Milan.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Gigi Hadid Fought Back Against a Creepy Stranger Who Grabbed Her
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesAva DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.UVA Student Assaulted at Knifepoint During Orientation Weekend
But some students weren't notified until 24 hours later.