This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to imagine the perfect monogamy app, list the worst possible Valentine's Day dates, and ponder movies about female vengeance.
1. What's worse than being single on Valentine's Day? Here is a whole assortment of bogus couple activities, like "sex paintings" and CrossFit "buddy carries."
2. How do we close the Wikipedia gender gap? Kat Stoeffel writes that it comes down to just getting on Wikipedia and editing away. Ignore the the fact that it's really, really boring.
3. Speaking of, any wonderful women of yore to recognize? Yes, consider the fantastic life of Shirley Temple: the patron saint of curls and charming stubbornness.
4. What do we love more than sex, according to studies, dubious and otherwise? Allison Davis gathers a bunch of research about things we claim to value more than sex, like moisturizer, coffee, and eternal youth.
5. What are the best films about female vengeance? BAM has a new series called "Vengeance is Hers" about women with an eye for retribution.
6. Why is it so hard to find feminist stock imagery that doesn't suck? Kat Stoeffel spoke to LeanIn.org editor Jessica Bennett about Getty's efforts to develop a Lean In collection of feminist stock photography.
7. What's that Princeton Mom up to these days? Oh just trying to steal holidays and make them about her Find-A-Husband-ASAP idea. Here are some other holidays we suggest for her.
8. Why are apps so dedicated to matchmaking and not to helping already-matched couples? Ann Friedman asks why the marrieds don't get to swipe their way to new possibilities.
9. Any exciting outfits outside of the tents? Well, Shia LaBeouf dressed as a paper-bag prince.
10. What if I just want a little taste of Fashion Week? For Fashion Week's effects in the real world, Kat Stoeffel spoke to people about it ruining their relationships and Allison Davis imagined the Craigslist missed connections that NYFW could inspire.
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.