The third day of Paris Fashion Week brought on a huge dose of color and cool. From Dior to Lanvin to Yohji Yamamoto, we saw brighter hues and new silhouettes, both feminine and strong. Below, our favorite looks from today.
1. At last night's Lanvin show, Alber Elbaz presented a dramatic collection for the house's 125th anniversary. Amongst the raw tweeds and supple leathers was a series of floor-sweeping looks, fluid and darkly romantic. We were drawn to the ease of this dark teal, bias-cut dress in lustrous duchesse satin.
2. Raf Simons is undoubtedly a master with color. The saturated bright hues used in Dior's fall outing were a pick-me-up, notably look 19. The pairing of fuchsia and kelly green, seemingly two dresses worn layered together, was an obvious exploration in color but in shape as well. Of course, the rubber trainer-meets-heel hybrid shoes drove the point home.
3. At Maison Martin Margiela we were drawn to the pairing of relaxed tweed pants and delicate lace tops in the opening look. Working with venerable Harris Tweeds this season, the mix of heavier fabrics, like this slouchy pant, was paired with two tops: one a silky, striped shell seductively falling off one shoulder, the other a barely-there, cream lace overlay.
4. Isabel Marant fortified the downtown girl's uniform in one look oozing monochrome cool. She took on-trend shearling, in a voluminous shape and in a natural shade, and belted it. White cropped pants were quilted, something only slim legs or extreme confidence can successfully pull off. Bonus points for perfectly tousled hair.
5. At Yohji Yamamoto, colorful graffiti and the stuff of Lisa Frank dreams melded with extreme volume in this psychedelic rave-meets-arcade fantasy collection. This cocoon puffer capelike coat worn over matching floral and chain-print pants and a jacket printed with eyeballs and a harlequin requires a second look, from another view. The back view, downy like a comforter, is also stunning and would make for a magnificent exit.
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.