Paris Fashion Week is only two days in, and already we have favorites from Balenciaga, Dries, Rochas, and more. Below, the top five looks so far:
1. Rochas seemed like an experiment in color theory, with canary yellows paired with blush-tone pinks and tangerine gloves put with sky-blue skirts. But it was the turquoise gloves with a bejeweled, green bomber jacket that caught our eye.
2. At Balenciaga, reversed workman's denim trousers complemented more luxurious pieces, like a felted marine-blue wool coat with a hefty utility zipper. The coat also featured a glossy beaver-fur front, belted with a hefty silver buckle. But what we really loved were those woven, corded muffs.
3. At Dries Van Noten, we loved the gestural, slapdash floral designs painted with silver acrylic paint — especially on this wool overcoat, which came with bright, contrasting floral prints.
4. Manish Arora presented a psychedelic collection whose influences ranged from rave style to indigenous European folk costumes. But this look — with its neon-printed jacket and candy-striper pants — seemed to unify both ideas.
5. At Carven, a blush satin dress with a zip down the front offered an understated silhouette — but it was the fur, worn jauntily at the elbow, and the clutch held close that seemed like the perfect cocktail look for fall.