Paris Fashion Week is only two days in, and already we have favorites from Balenciaga, Dries, Rochas, and more. Below, the top five looks so far:
1. Rochas seemed like an experiment in color theory, with canary yellows paired with blush-tone pinks and tangerine gloves put with sky-blue skirts. But it was the turquoise gloves with a bejeweled, green bomber jacket that caught our eye.
2. At Balenciaga, reversed workman's denim trousers complemented more luxurious pieces, like a felted marine-blue wool coat with a hefty utility zipper. The coat also featured a glossy beaver-fur front, belted with a hefty silver buckle. But what we really loved were those woven, corded muffs.
3. At Dries Van Noten, we loved the gestural, slapdash floral designs painted with silver acrylic paint — especially on this wool overcoat, which came with bright, contrasting floral prints.
4. Manish Arora presented a psychedelic collection whose influences ranged from rave style to indigenous European folk costumes. But this look — with its neon-printed jacket and candy-striper pants — seemed to unify both ideas.
5. At Carven, a blush satin dress with a zip down the front offered an understated silhouette — but it was the fur, worn jauntily at the elbow, and the clutch held close that seemed like the perfect cocktail look for fall.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
It’s Official: The Hadids Are Taking Over The World
9 Times Cecile Richards Threw Down For Reproductive Rights
My Daughter Has Cerebral Palsyand I Refuse to Sugarcoat How Hard It Is
Molly's September 2015 Favorites
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesThe Retired Modeling Agent Who Loves Empire
Phoebe Philo remains in touch with what women want to wear.Watch the Akris Livestream
Enjoy!From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 2
Cropped sweaters, a spangled skirt, and more.Jaden Smith and Kesha Partied This Week
Along with Cindy Crawford, Anjelica Huston, Rita Ora, and Lena Dunham.Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Partied in Balmain
Plus: more highlights from Paris Fashion Week's parties, including Jared Leto.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Featuring wooden platforms, velvet robes, and floor-length ponchos.Who Won Best-Dressed at Milan Fashion Week?
Another city, another people's choice Peacock.
Photographer Tomasz Lazar's latest dispatch from Fashion Month.Style Smackdown: Olivia Pope vs. Cookie Lyon
Judging the best looks from this week's episodes.Never Mind the Feminist Sound-Bites, Rick Owens Just Showed His Best Clothes Yet
Gymnast models symbolizing "women supporting women" wore mature yet spontaneous looks.Grace Jones Is Having the Wildest Book Tour Ever [NSFW]
She flashed crowds at her signing in New York.Tom Ford and Lady Gaga Turn the Runway Into a Disco
The designer is showing his newest collection in a video.All About Dior’s Spring 2016 Show
Rihanna, lavender walls, and pointy flats.Cecilia Dean on Her Latest Immersive Fashion Project
A downtown art event with DVF and Proenza Schouler.Dior Built a Huge Flower Wall for Its Show
Just breathe that in.The Selfie-Stick Fashion Generation
Today’s young designers focus too often on their feelings.Rick Owens Dressed Models in ... Other Models
Harnesses were involved.