Pharrell brought his hat out for Fashion Week last night, wearing it to the launch of RAW for Oceans, his eco-conscious collaboration with G-Star Raw that will turn plastic into denim. Tyson Beckford, who was there in a denim-on-denim RAW ensemble, was hoping Pharrell had left the oversize accessory at home. "I'm not a fan," he told the Cut. "Me and my boy, we were having a discussion in the Jeep on the way up here and we were saying, 'I hope he ain't got on that hat.' It's not conducive to fashion. I don't know where he got that. Someone told me it's, like, [from] back in the eighties, Nenah Cherry. Buffalo Girl, or whatever. But, no." Hasn't he ever experimented with a bold look himself, though? "I just started wearing these crazy floral pants by Alexander Nash," he said. "I like taking chances. But not with hats. I'm not a big hat person. Now, if I had a hat like that, would you date me?" Maybe. "No, you wouldn't. You walk into a bar and I got that on? That's definitely gonna cause a bar fight. And you better be able to protect me." Gladly, Tyson Beckford.
Shulman: Stop Asking Me Why Models Are So Skinny
Sweatin’ With Diane Sawyer
’90s Supermodels Are Getting Together Again
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Here Is a Picture of Miley Cyrus Rolling a Joint
- Lab Rat: A Hairspray for ‘Cool-Girl Hair’
- Shulman: Stop Asking Me Why Models Are So Skinny
- Madonna Dressed as Daenerys Targaryen for Purim
- Amanda Seyfried Is Armed and Disappointed
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of March 17, 2014
- Kate Middleton Wore Head-to-Toe Green
- Sweatin’ With Diane Sawyer
- Best Bet: Ann Taylor Perfect Exotic Belt
- ’90s Supermodels Are Getting Together Again
- Meet the Quad-Daters: Two BFFs Seeking Same
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez