This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to go on a quad-date, try out dry conditioners, and talking about thriving with Arianna Huffington.
1. What would you look like with Jared Leto's beautiful hair? Will Stephen wore a Jared Leto wig for a week. Was he adored by everyone who saw him? You'll have to read to find out.
2. Who is that wearing a napkin as a shirt? Oh, it's Ilana from Broad City. Kat Stoeffel spoke to the show's costume designer Staci Greenbaum about Ilana's particularly appealing brand of inappropriate-chic.
3. April showers are approaching rapidly, do you have your Wellies and your umbrellas? Veronica Misako Gledhill has gathered all the best rain gear to protect you from droplets.
4. Are you in the best group-message threads right now? Maureen O'Connor is calling group-text threads the great digital BFF renaissance.
5. Do you too just want to be swathed in beautiful rectangles of many silks? Molly Fischer wrote about her adoration of mom fashions and Eileen Fisher. (Their last names are only one letter apart; it must be love.)
6. Are you currently looking for a man to date in New York? Here are two best friends who have a joint OkCupid account and are going on quad-dates with other best friends.
7. Is your dry shampoo feeling a little lonesome? Cheryl Wischhover obsessively tested dry conditioners. She calls them "fabric softeners for your hair."
8. Any wild new shoes for your participation in the sneaker trend? Isabel Wilkinson spoke to Riccardo Tisci about his new futuristic Nike collaboration.
9. After having it all and leaning in, what is the new thing women will be asked to do? Third-metric-seeking, according to Arianna Huffington's new book. Kat Stoeffel spoke to the author about thriving.
10. How are you going to do the button-down shirt? Rebecca Ramsey has 20 different options for you.
11. And we looked back at "the beautiful and dynamic" L’Wren Scott, as Amy Larocca wrote in her remembrance. Allison Davis criticized the headlines that pegged her as a "girlfriend," and Erica Schwiegershausen gathered some of her most beautiful creations.
Most Viewed Stories
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Elizabeth Warren Just Said What Most Women Wish They Could to Donald Trump
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s Time to Stop Writing ‘I Hope You’re Well’ in Emails
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.