This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to consider consciously uncoupling, to defend a color, and to anatomize ugly crying.
1. Where can you pop, lock, twerk, booty-travel, and surfbort for exercise? At the Beyoncé exercise class, of course. Kathleen Hou reports.
2. Why was no one paying any attention to the Kimye Kover of Vogue? Ha, you're cute. Amy Larocca suggests considering why people draw the line of vulgarity where they do. Meanwhile, we learn a bevy of things about North West (child of Kim and Kanye), including that she was a-peeing, like the tiny diaperless baby that she is.
3. Got $28,000 burning a hole in your rucksack right now? Great, that's the exact dollar amount required to purchase the most expensive dress of the fashion season, Marc Jacobs's "Puffy Clouds Embroidery Dress."
5. What's your issue with pink, man? Yael Kohen explores how a color became a code for condescension.
6. What is there left to learn when you are an ordained Rich Kid of Beverly Hills? Eighteen things. There are 18 things left to learn, like "who is Liberace?" and "what is squab?"
7. Hey, Judy Chicago, what is your answer for art-world sexism? "Hey, Cut!" Judy Chicago might have said in her interview with Erica Schwiegershausen. Anyway, you'll have to read this Q&A to find out her secret.
8. Where are old dudes "discovering the unseen work that women and people of color have done for decades"? Follow the reign of the hoodie to the tech industry, according to Ann Friedman.
9. What does it look like to ugly-cry? It's mostly in the mouth, but your chin can work for you as well.
10. Have things changed 103 years after the Triangle Shirtwaist fire in New York? Not really, writes Kat Stoeffel; the clothing industry is still terrifyingly dangerous.
11. Did you try to consciously uncouple this week? Good, it was the thing to do. If you're perplexed, we have a Gwyneth explainer. If you're unpaired, we've got a GOOP guide to recovering from sorrow. It's expensive, but luxurious.
12. Finally, are you interested in a small experiment with time travel? Try Cuba around the 1950s. Erica Schwiegershausen writes about Ramiro Fernández's collection.
Most Viewed Stories
I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.
This Fyre Festival Apology Is As Extra As You’d Expect
Famous Guests Were Reportedly Warned Not to Go to Fyre Festival in Advance
Bella Hadid Addresses Fyre Festival Fallout
Life Lessons From the Great Fyre Festival Disaster
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
The Married Mom Looking for Men at Balthazar
Why Wallflowers Don’t Make Friends
Beyoncé Is a Spring Goddess in This Red Gown and Flower Headdress
The Kardashians Just Broke Up With the Stylist They’ve Been Using for a Decade
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.