This week, the Cut's pursuit of female-centric topics led writers to consider consciously uncoupling, to defend a color, and to anatomize ugly crying.
1. Where can you pop, lock, twerk, booty-travel, and surfbort for exercise? At the Beyoncé exercise class, of course. Kathleen Hou reports.
2. Why was no one paying any attention to the Kimye Kover of Vogue? Ha, you're cute. Amy Larocca suggests considering why people draw the line of vulgarity where they do. Meanwhile, we learn a bevy of things about North West (child of Kim and Kanye), including that she was a-peeing, like the tiny diaperless baby that she is.
3. Got $28,000 burning a hole in your rucksack right now? Great, that's the exact dollar amount required to purchase the most expensive dress of the fashion season, Marc Jacobs's "Puffy Clouds Embroidery Dress."
5. What's your issue with pink, man? Yael Kohen explores how a color became a code for condescension.
6. What is there left to learn when you are an ordained Rich Kid of Beverly Hills? Eighteen things. There are 18 things left to learn, like "who is Liberace?" and "what is squab?"
7. Hey, Judy Chicago, what is your answer for art-world sexism? "Hey, Cut!" Judy Chicago might have said in her interview with Erica Schwiegershausen. Anyway, you'll have to read this Q&A to find out her secret.
8. Where are old dudes "discovering the unseen work that women and people of color have done for decades"? Follow the reign of the hoodie to the tech industry, according to Ann Friedman.
9. What does it look like to ugly-cry? It's mostly in the mouth, but your chin can work for you as well.
10. Have things changed 103 years after the Triangle Shirtwaist fire in New York? Not really, writes Kat Stoeffel; the clothing industry is still terrifyingly dangerous.
11. Did you try to consciously uncouple this week? Good, it was the thing to do. If you're perplexed, we have a Gwyneth explainer. If you're unpaired, we've got a GOOP guide to recovering from sorrow. It's expensive, but luxurious.
12. Finally, are you interested in a small experiment with time travel? Try Cuba around the 1950s. Erica Schwiegershausen writes about Ramiro Fernández's collection.
Most Viewed Stories
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesAva DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.UVA Student Assaulted at Knifepoint During Orientation Weekend
But some students weren't notified until 24 hours later.