In a character-driven narrative, we witness the evolution of our protagonists; we see them grow and change through experience. So in the great bildungsroman that is season one of #RichKids of Beverly Hills, what did our heroes learn? What innocence was lost and what harsh truths illuminated the gentle, cloistered souls of the #RichKids?
For the two-month span of their winter's tale (January 19 to March 23 in our year 2014), here are all the things that the #RichKids of yonder hills have learned:
Roxy Sowlaty, our glitzy true innocent, learned about:
1. Liberace. He immediately became her "soul sister" and central point of reference. When trying on dresses for co-star Morgan Stewart, Sowlaty asks, "How Liberace is this?"
2. Squab. Sowlaty learns of squab's true nature. (Be they pigeon, squirrel, or Cornish game hen?)
3. ODB. She learns of his life and his death.
4. Necessities. Sowlaty discovers that loofahs are necessary.
Dorothy Wang, our practical pragmatist, learned about:
5. Etsy. It's her dream. "How did I just discover ETSY??? " !
6. The cronut market. One must get up early and wait in line to procure a cronut. Ownership of Hermès Birkins is not related to cronut buying.
8. Optical illusions. Wang learned she is much smaller and prettier in person
9. Effects of intoxication. Getting drunk increases language fluidity.
Jonny Drubel, the gentle and fearful singer-songwriter trust-fund baby, learned about:
11. Stains. Drubel learned no one should wear a white shirt after getting a spray tan.
Morgan Stewart, our odious and knowing sage, discovered:
13. Produce economics. Stewart is told the price of a banana is 35 cents.
14. Challenges. She learns how to open a bottle of wine. Consequently, she learns that "opening wine is the hardest thing in the world."
15. Effects of intoxication II. She learned she should not have wine after having teeth replaced at the dentist.
16. Effects of intoxication III. Stewart reports that tequila's effects are felt in the uterus.
17. Personal geography lessons. She learned where her sunglasses were (spin class).
Brendan Fitzpatrick, the loyal boyfriend, learned:
18. Components to healthy relationships: Sometimes girlfriends need space.
As an audience, we learned: “Every single house you move into needs to be saged.”
Most Viewed Stories
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.