In a character-driven narrative, we witness the evolution of our protagonists; we see them grow and change through experience. So in the great bildungsroman that is season one of #RichKids of Beverly Hills, what did our heroes learn? What innocence was lost and what harsh truths illuminated the gentle, cloistered souls of the #RichKids?
For the two-month span of their winter's tale (January 19 to March 23 in our year 2014), here are all the things that the #RichKids of yonder hills have learned:
Roxy Sowlaty, our glitzy true innocent, learned about:
1. Liberace. He immediately became her "soul sister" and central point of reference. When trying on dresses for co-star Morgan Stewart, Sowlaty asks, "How Liberace is this?"
2. Squab. Sowlaty learns of squab's true nature. (Be they pigeon, squirrel, or Cornish game hen?)
3. ODB. She learns of his life and his death.
4. Necessities. Sowlaty discovers that loofahs are necessary.
Dorothy Wang, our practical pragmatist, learned about:
5. Etsy. It's her dream. "How did I just discover ETSY??? " !
6. The cronut market. One must get up early and wait in line to procure a cronut. Ownership of Hermès Birkins is not related to cronut buying.
8. Optical illusions. Wang learned she is much smaller and prettier in person
9. Effects of intoxication. Getting drunk increases language fluidity.
Jonny Drubel, the gentle and fearful singer-songwriter trust-fund baby, learned about:
11. Stains. Drubel learned no one should wear a white shirt after getting a spray tan.
Morgan Stewart, our odious and knowing sage, discovered:
13. Produce economics. Stewart is told the price of a banana is 35 cents.
14. Challenges. She learns how to open a bottle of wine. Consequently, she learns that "opening wine is the hardest thing in the world."
15. Effects of intoxication II. She learned she should not have wine after having teeth replaced at the dentist.
16. Effects of intoxication III. Stewart reports that tequila's effects are felt in the uterus.
17. Personal geography lessons. She learned where her sunglasses were (spin class).
Brendan Fitzpatrick, the loyal boyfriend, learned:
18. Components to healthy relationships: Sometimes girlfriends need space.
As an audience, we learned: “Every single house you move into needs to be saged.”
Most Viewed Stories
That Awkward Clip of Donald and Melania at the Inauguration Is Definitely Real
Trump’s Latest Executive Order Will Affect Women’s Health Worldwide
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
Sean Spicer Chews and Swallows 35 Pieces of Gum Every Day Before Noon
What You Need to Know About the 89800 ‘Count Me’ Text
Like Trump, Taylor Swift Cares About Numbers
Museums Across the World Are Collecting Women’s March Signs
Calvin Klein Quietly Unveils First Raf Simons Collection
Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.