While the universe considers the editorial meetings that led to a hashtag on a Vogue cover, the first excerpt of the Kimye cover story is now available online, and the full article — which officially hits newsstands tomorrow — is available for download.
In the Hamish Bowles–penned story, Kim and Kanye appear supportive of each other, each taking turns hogging the spotlight. Their life is revealed to be filled with dinners with friends (like Riccardo Tisci) and plans for a super-low-key, 200-person wedding in Paris this summer, which will either take place in the Louvre or Versailles’s Hall of Mirrors, according to Kanye. (“We could turn up,” he says pensively.)
However, the article reveals that while Kimye are keeping it kasual, a day in the life of young Nori is a weird fantasy from which she may never wake. Here is what it’s like to be the progeny of the #worldsmosttalkedaboutcouple, according to Vogue:
1. The only mobile in her nursery is the Tord Boontje Swarovski pink-blossom chandelier that hangs above her Lucite crib. It is framed by a “narcissism-nurturing mirrored wall."
2. Kris Jenner is referred to as “Lovey” instead of, say, "Grandma."
3. Nursery rhymes include Pharrell's "Happy," and "Old MacDonald," as interpreted by Annie Leibovitz.
4. Kim uses Kanye’s empty house for clothing storage, so Mommy has a “walk-in house” where Nori can play dress-up, rather than just a regular old closet.
5. While her diapers are presumably
Prada Pampers, North’s fashion credits for the shoot include: Dolce & Gabbana and Kim’s carefully placed hand wearing the 15-carat ring.
6. Her home movies include a Kanye-produced stop-motion video that was edited "to make it appear as if she’s break-dancing."
7. Candid baby photos include this: “I take pictures of her all the time and dress her up,” says Kim. “I put Kanye’s big chains around her, and I put a little Louis bag and some Jordans, and I was like, ‘What up, Daddy?'"
8. Based on this shot from the spread, her Lacanian mirror stage will unfurl in front of an iPhone while Mommy takes a selfie.
Shouldn't…shouldn't Kanye be in the mirror? pic.twitter.com/ufjPLz5sFQ— Katherine Miller (@katherinemiller) March 24, 2014
Judging by the first year of North West's life, she'll land her own Vogue cover by the time she enters her terrible twos.
Most Viewed Stories
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Here’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Sexual Assault in the Amazon
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
Things to Keep You Warm and Dry at a Protest
Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington
TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
Your Guide to NYC Inauguration Weekend Protests
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.