Recently, the storied courtship of Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas came to a close. We mourned; we speculated; we watched for updates. (One lovelorn party lay splay-legged in Miami; the other got juice in London.) What would be the best way to remember this romance — to record its vicissitudes and look back on what once was? Perhaps a list of Daily Mail captions? Why, yes, of course!
Here they are: selected and unedited. It's the recent life of Cressida Bonas, as told through the small print below photographs in the Daily Mail:
1. Party girl: Cressida pictured on holiday in a yellow bikini and a pink wig. [September 1, 2012]
2. Vibrant and arty: Cressida Bonas out on the town. [February 23, 2013]
3. The couple's relationship certainly seems to be blossoming (left) and the Prince is showering the society It girl with gifts, including the £300 rabbit fur and cowhide mukluks (right). [February 26, 2013]
4. Dressed down: Cressida wore a pair of skinny jeans with boots, black jacket and navy blouse. [March 13, 2013]
5. Laid back journey: Cressida, 24, was dressed in comfortable blue trousers with a weekend bag slung over her shoulder, while Prince Harry, 28, appeared to be carrying a suit. [June 24, 2013]
6. Reputation: Miss Bonas has earned the nickname 'Dress Down Cress' for her relaxed approach to fashion. [July 28, 2013]
7. A handbag that shows even she gets it wrong sometimes. [August 31, 2013]
8. How was it for you? Cressida and Harry remain expressionless as they leave the theatre following a performance of the hugely popular religious satire. [October 2, 2013]
9. One of Cressida's friends told a Sunday newspaper that she had overcome fears about marrying into the Royal Family, and announced that 'Cressie is going to marry Harry.' [October 6, 2013]
10. Getting her full support: Prince Harry is Cressida's number one priority. [November 9, 2013]
11. Favourite: Prince Harry's girl Cressida Bonas is rarely seen without a scrunchie perched atop her blonde locks. [November 24, 2013]
12. Enjoying the conversation, Cressy? The 24-year-old didn't always look gripped as she listened to Harry's thoughts. [March 7, 2014]
13. New style: At one point during the show, while her boyfriend was busy elsewhere, Cressida plaited her hair. [March 7, 2014]
14. Look out, Harry! Cressida, her hair newly plaited, enjoyed a cuddle with her brother-in-law Sam Branson. [March 7, 2014]
15. Despite her funky 90s inspired double denim look, Cressida looked a little glum. [April 18, 2014]
16. Cressida Bonas looked glum as she walked in London the day after her split from Prince Harry was confirmed. [April 30, 2014]
17. Single again: The dancer kept her hands in her pockets as she went to a West End cafe to buy a fruit smoothie. [April 30, 2014]
18. Cressida looking upset and casual as she walks through West London on Friday. [May 3, 2014]
19. Tearful: Cressida was spotted looking wan at the weekend and was pictured looking tearful on Thursday. [May 3, 2014]
20. Sombre: Cressida looked pale and miserable as she strode along clutching an acid-green smoothie. [May 6, 2014]
No one can see the hopeless well of sadness behind an ordinary errand quite like the Daily Mail. For that, we are appreciative.
Most Viewed Stories
Report: Donald and Melania Trump Don’t Sleep in the Same Bed
Former Thinx Employee Accuses Miki Agrawal of Sexual Harassment
Whitney Museum Says Letter Claiming to Be From Open Casket Artist Is a Fake
Am I Finally Done With White Guys?
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
Ask Polly: Why Does My Terrible Ex Get to Be So Happy?
Teen Who Claimed She Was Abducted and Raped by 3 Black Men Made It All Up
Cate Blanchett on the Judgment of Women, Face Mists, and How She’s Moisturized for Over a Decade
Ashley Olsen Reportedly Broke Up With Her 58-Year-Old Boyfriend
So, Ivanka Trump Has Reportedly Hired a Hollywood Stylist
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.